Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my z on sep 11 (what a date huh?) havent gotten to 1k miles yet and i dont wanna top out but just curious to see what my base model can do?

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">I believe the official limit according to Nissan is 156. I'll leave it up to you to find out what the real limit is
</span>

·
Registered
53 Posts
Im not going to say im a angel on the streets but dont' do it, it's not worth the risk thats one thing i don't do go out and top out my car but it's up to you.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I agree on this one. Unless you're on some flat, straight, deserted road, it's not really worth it

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yay!
Hey I was reading on a previous post of yours and I noticed that you mentioned that the base model doesn’t come w/ an lsd or traction control, but I was on the highway 3 nights ago and I could have sworn I saw some thing light up it was too fast to see but I just want to know if # 1 base models have it and you just cant take it off / control it? It’s a 2004 and #2 how good are the aftermarket lsd's and is the nismo one worth the money?

Sorry I am bombarding you w/ questions this is my first fast car I traded my 200 v6 mustang for my new love.

·
Registered
53 Posts
You guys are going to make him go try now cause he wants 160 Hahhaha makes me want to go try too. NOTTTTTTTTTTTT

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">No, Bases definitely don't have an LSD, TCT, or VCD. I don't know anything about the aftermarket LSDs because I'm fine with the stock one, but I know Richard had the Nismo one on his Z. link</span>

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I did 146 and got scared but it was still climbing. Fastest I have ever been in a car. It was a fun adrenaline rush though. I have seen several pictures that people have taken of there speedometer at 156-160. Gotta be crazy to take your hand off the wheel at that speed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what are you kidding I practically just bought the car and I bought it w/ out knowing how to drive stick now I am allot better at it now though!

thats right laugh it up

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by SOLRAC@Oct 11 2004, 01:59 PM
what are you kidding I practically just bought the car and I bought it w/ out knowing how to drive stick now I am allot better at it now though!

thats right laugh it up

Haha but practice makes perfect. You will get used to it real quick

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks i am taking it slow

every one laughs at me when i tell them so i kinda expected at least a giggle,.. thanks for being cool about it though,

1 - 20 of 44 Posts