Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put on the Top Secret Wide Body kit?
http://www.topsecretjpn.com/products/z33wide3.jpg
Or, heard any reviews, problems, or just opinions? I looove the look, especially the front fenders in front of the door. I imagine it has to be done right or it would come out looking pretty poor. That looks about as close as you could get to a Super GT car on the street though.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I haven't seen anyone on the boards with this kit. It'd be pretty amazing to see one in real life, but the parts you'd have to buy to justify the kit would be outrageous.

Looks gorgeous though! :drool:

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
you will need MASSIVE wheels

10-11" wide front
12-13" wide rear

you can get away with 10.5" all around with the right offset (7, -7).

I love the TS wide body kit.

My fav. kits/aero:

TSwb (non long nose)
Varis EXTREMOR Arising I (aero)
Nismo RS/ ver2
INGS w/ low wing

I would seriously consider the TS WB if I could talk myself into thinking it's okay for track use. haha.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
I haven't seen anyone on the boards with this kit. It'd be pretty amazing to see one in real life, but the parts you'd have to buy to justify the kit would be outrageous.

Looks gorgeous though! :drool:

There are about two people that I have seen on the *evil* board.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you can get away with 10.5" all around with the right offset (7, -7).

I love the TS wide body kit.

My fav. kits/aero:

TSwb (non long nose)
Varis EXTREMOR Arising I (aero)
Nismo RS/ ver2
INGS w/ low wing

I would seriously consider the TS WB if I could talk myself into thinking it's okay for track use. haha.
I am gonna get the wheels first...I am definately getting something wide in the back for improved traction, but you think in the front as well? would spacing them out not save some weight? Wheel suggestions?...

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
go for it.. it is made for the track

haha.. I didn't mean it like that. :)

I meant, slap a painted $7000+ kit on and then put it in that enviroment. But, I guess it's no worse than the street really..

I have been thinking about this morning. Already been on the phone with the paint shop. :wink: I have been just thinking about what to do about the wheels. And waiting for an email on stock in USA.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
I am gonna get the wheels first...I am definately getting something wide in the back for improved traction, but you think in the front as well? would spacing them out not save some weight? Wheel suggestions?...

Spacing them out would work. Just frowned upon in some circles.

People often over look how much the front fenders stick out on the Z. I love my 9.5" wide front, 22 offset.

Wheels suggestions, that's all really preference. I like the Rays Volk and Gram Light lineup & Work.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Spacing them out would work. Just frowned upon in some circles.

People often over look how much the front fenders stick out on the Z. I love my 9.5" wide front, 22 offset.
Wheels suggestions, that's all really preference. I like the Rays Volk and Gram Light lineup & Work.
Ya I understand why it is frowned upon by some. The problem is my funds are not unlimited at this point... :headshake: What wheels are you running?...9.5 in the front? Do you find that to be better handling than the stock 8.5? Did you have to do some suspension work?

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
The TS widebody is +30mm or 1.12 inches wider. i dont know if this is PER side or total. But from the looks i believe that is PER side. Good luck getting 1" wheel spacers. That would be dangerous IMO.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
What wheels are you running?...9.5 in the front? Do you find that to be better handling than the stock 8.5? Did you have to do some suspension work?

Volk TE37
9.5" wide front, 10.5" wide rear. 19" diameter.

I am running Zeal Coilovers.

my website: http://www.fairladyz33.com

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
The TS widebody is +30mm or 1.12 inches wider. i dont know if this is PER side or total. But from the looks i believe that is PER side. Good luck getting 1" wheel spacers. That would be dangerous IMO.

I believe it's 50mm on both sides:

"Z33 Super G-Force Complete Wide Body Kit
Exclusive Top Secret Z33 Widebody kit. Widens the car 50mm (2in) on each side."

Spacers would only work on say wheels like mine :) with a descent low offset already. (22) At stock ride height, the 10'5" in the rear stuck out almost an inch past the rear fenders. So I would need another 25-30mm I think.

(that would explain why 7, -7 would work on a 10.5" wheel.. 22 - -7 = 29mm difference. , i know the math symbols aren't right, but you know i'm not a math major)

~~~

I have run H&R DRM 25mm spacers on two other cars. One was rally crossed a LOT.

But the DRM kit isn't your typical longer stud spacer. It has integrated studs into it's own casting. Very nice piece.

http://www.hrsprings.com/site/products/trak.html

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Ya I understand why it is frowned upon by some. The problem is my funds are not unlimited at this point... :headshake: What wheels are you running?...9.5 in the front? Do you find that to be better handling than the stock 8.5? Did you have to do some suspension work?
If you don't have unlimited funds, I doubt this body kit is right for you. There are just too many other mods you can spend the $$ on that will justify it a lot better. IMO, the bling you would have with this kit wouldn't be worth the hassle.

Not to mention that if you're not careful you could be leaving a $7k body kit laying in the road just because you ran over some roadkill. :werd:

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
YA, NM the Do-Luck is 30mm i had them mixed up.

No Doubt, you better have deep pockets if you are planning to get this kit.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
YA, NM the Do-Luck is 30mm i had them mixed up.

No Doubt, you better have deep pockets if you are planning to get this kit.
For sure...if it is going to be done it must be done right, and that means cash. I'm simply trying to find out what is the complete proper way of doing it because I have never looked into the wide body area. Make no mistake, though, I'm just a kid and I purchased this car myself...I work hard for what I really want to get my hands on...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts