Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I dont think im really looking for a real powerful car i just want the power to follow through all the way to redline. Im not looking to break records i just want it to perform as good as it looks.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
thats true, i would think 7200rpm would be a good compromise. I do think the Ann engine isnt making as much power as it could, and there is room for improvement. Perhaps a pm to Peter to see what results he got from a chipped Ann is in order

murray u seem to know ur mods, isnt there a new generation unichip on the way?

all this justification of turbo and na tuning costs, imho if all you want is huge outright power you've bought the wrong car
There is supposedly a new generation engine management system which will be sold by APS coming out at some stage, i dont think they will call it Unichip to avoid accossication with the current one. They havnt given a date of release yet and based on how they release their products it could be some way off.

There is no other car which gives everything the 350z does and outright power.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I dont think im really looking for a real powerful car i just want the power to follow through all the way to redline. Im not looking to break records i just want it to perform as good as it looks.
Hi 350ztrackspec,

I am in the same boat as you. I really enjoy the 350Z (Z33). The looks, handling and power delivery really takes driving from "A to B" to a different level.

As we can agree, the 350Z is a relatively heavy sports car and initially I was thinking of lightening the car. But the fact remains that I still want a daily driver with all the electrics, power this and power that and two seats instead of one.

The engine is a cracker from factory. I appreciate the low to mid range torque and power delivery. But you are right in that the top end is really "flat". There is still good punch but it seems to taper off.

As much as I want to go for forced induction, I am sticking with the naturally aspirated approach (for the moment anyway). I have upgraded the intake and exhaust components. The car definately drives better than stock for sure. My plan is to install a plenum spacer and 350Z UTEC. This, in my opinion, will not only take advantage of the bolt on modifications but also produce greater top end power which I am also searching for :p

Regards,
Z33Fairlady.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts