Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Now what my question is... What is it gonna take to get the Z to pull like a train all the way to redline? Without sacrificing mid range? Not too worried about down low. Other than cam Does a plenum fix this?
TPIACE? What is it about ur engine that makes it so good up top? I've got an exhaust T'ed up in the next week or so but i know that want to nothing exciting to top end. So what is that i can do?

I think once i achieve a nice steep gradient on a dyno map that does not peak of until the rev cut says so...I think think i will be very very content with the car.
There is alot you could do but I think the below should be the minimum required to reach your goal.

Drop in K&N Panel Filter
Aftermarket Equal Distribution Intake Manifold (possibly 05 model)
Complete Exhaust System (headers, cats, mid, muffler etc)
Utec Tune with 7000rpm Rev Limit

This should avoid any losses allowing you to be equally competitive with the Porsche in the lower rpms but will give noticable gains everywhere else, all the way to your higher rev limit which will allow you to shift closer to the Porsche. You revs will also be higher after each shift making your car pull harder after each shift.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Have you driven a TT Z before? I haven't driven either a n/a carrera S or a 355, but I can't imagine the pull harder than my Z.
I dont think he's saying those cars pull harder than a TT Zed (im sure they dont) but that they have a driving experience he prefers. ie the NA driving experience.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Wow they have done all that?!

Ok well I'll be fitting the APS true dual exhaust hopefully this week end. My next mod will be the plenum. Should i just get the MD space or 35th plenum or ket the kinetix replacement plenum?
A lot of little changes which dont result in much difference, its more a marketing exercise than anything else.

Try to do as many of the mods you choose at the same time to get really noticable gains. The bigger the gain the more fun it is and the more you feel like your getting your moneys worth.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
The Unichip currently cannot increase the rev limit.

Bare in mind that engine loads increase exponetnially as the revs increase, so increasing your revs a small amount could kill your motor quickly. So make sure you have enough data to know that rev limit is safe. Also the increased rev limit is useless unless your motor is making power up there.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
thats true, i would think 7200rpm would be a good compromise. I do think the Ann engine isnt making as much power as it could, and there is room for improvement. Perhaps a pm to Peter to see what results he got from a chipped Ann is in order

murray u seem to know ur mods, isnt there a new generation unichip on the way?

all this justification of turbo and na tuning costs, imho if all you want is huge outright power you've bought the wrong car
There is supposedly a new generation engine management system which will be sold by APS coming out at some stage, i dont think they will call it Unichip to avoid accossication with the current one. They havnt given a date of release yet and based on how they release their products it could be some way off.

There is no other car which gives everything the 350z does and outright power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts