Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I feel I did pretty good for the frist time ever in the Z. I think I can break into the 14's though. Remember that the 6200 feet above sea level kills power on a N/A car ie; 192whp 187wtq at altitude, 249/236 corrected. Anyhow the first vid was my first run and my best for the night.

R/T: .192
60': 2.444
1/4: 15.069
mph: 94.32
Video Here
BTW: The Z28 ran a 15.3 @ 86

Second Best Run:
R/T: .188
60': 2.373
1/4: 15.155
mph: 93.93
Video Here
BTW: The RS ran a 17.1 @ 79

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Ouch on that high altitude issue.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Yea, that altitude must have killed you. The reaction times aren't bad, but the 1/4 is about a second slow and you should be about 5mph faster at the end. Great job for your first shot... I'm sure you could break into 14's and maybe 13's if you keep working at it. :thumbsup:

BTW, nice videos! :clap: You were spanking that ass in the second one. :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Nice job.

Funny, I was thinking of taking my Z to Bandimere yesterday but ended up working late. I've never been out there, did you have to do anything to pass tech inspection?

I wish there was a road course at Bandimere, that would be nice to check out.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tech is easy to past with a new car. Make sure you have all you lug nuts, trunk is empty, and car is in good working order.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Cool, thx.

Yeah, car is in near perfect condition with less than 1 year old tires. I do have a custom sub enclosure that is builtin under the rear sway bar so I can't actually get to the spare without some effort. I wonder if that would be considered 'something in the trunk' since it's part of the car (it looks almost stock the guy did such a killer job on the install).

BTW, do you/have you done any track days on a road course? Where at, doesn't seem like there are any tracks (beyond drag strips and ovals) near Denver. There's one down in Pueblo I was thinking of doing a race class at, but other than that, I haven't seen any thing near denver, have you?

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your sub will be ok. As long as it mounted down and won't come loose. As far as track days I've been to La Junta with a couple other Z. You need to keep an eye on the SouthWest forum on My350.com though. That were we post most of our events (track days, cruises, meets etc..). I've even set-up a Dyno Day at Mac Autosport in Parker. Thinking of doing another soon.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thx for the tip, I'll keep an eye out. I picked up my Z last xmas down in Arizona and had a fun drive back (gotta love having Nav).

Love to get involved in some track fun. I'm sure my z will be slow since I have a touring + some heavy duty audio upgrades. The original owner removed the interior and lined the entire cab with some aucostic dampening material to make the interior 'sound proof' as he put it. The guy was a total audio nut, replaced all the stock speakers with highend JL and killer amps + a totally custom sub enclosure in the rear (looks completely stock it's so well done).

Anyway, I'm sure with all the extra audio gear and cab lining my car is even heavier than a stock touring by a fair amount. I've considered removing some of it but it sounds pretty kickass, so what can you do... ;)

BTW, do you have a link to the My350.com forum section you were mentioning? I can't seem to find it...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I feel I did pretty good for the frist time ever in the Z. I think I can break into the 14's though. Remember that the 6200 feet above sea level kills power on a N/A car ie; 192whp 187wtq at altitude, 249/236 corrected. Anyhow the first vid was my first run and my best for the night.

R/T: .192
60': 2.444
1/4: 15.069
mph: 94.32
Video Here
BTW: The Z28 ran a 15.3 @ 86

Second Best Run:
R/T: .188
60': 2.373
1/4: 15.155
mph: 93.93
Video Here
BTW: The RS ran a 17.1 @ 79
I was at the track that same day, I saw you make one run, but never saw you again. . . strange, I wnated to chat with ya. It was my first trip to a 1/4 mile in my life :)

Heres my best run of that day :)

60': 2.181
1/4: 14.030
mph: 99.87

The timeslip and vid are up on my myspace.

My uncorrected HP was only 199 and something like 205 tq. If you can drop 500 pounds out of your 350z youll be running high 13's! :p

·
Registered
756 Posts
ya ur time seems kinda higher even for that altitude, iv had altitude issues b4 but it didnt take that much off my time, hp yes but thats another story.. what kinda shifting were u doing it seems like w/ that time it was ok but mb thats what coulda improved a hair to shave off a bit on ur time and have u ever actually raced b4?

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well Stock Z are running 15.5's so 15.0 is great. Also I'm not understanding you altitude comment. You say that it shouldn't reduce your time but it reduces HP??? Less HP, slower time. I have race before and while I'm not the best drag racer it not that difficult. Like I said... More practive, better traction, and the Z will be in the 14's with current set-up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts