Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 6'2'' and my friends think I might be too tall to fit in the 350z I want to get in a few months. Does anyone else think I might be too tall? I've been used to driving a durango with a lot of room and i dont know how the switch would be.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
You'll be fine. There are people as tall if not taller that drive Z's.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I'm 6'2'' and my friends think I might be too tall to fit in the 350z I want to get in a few months. Does anyone else think I might be too tall? I've been used to driving a durango with a lot of room and i dont know how the switch would be.

Welcome to the site by the way. I think it depends on the person. I am 5' 8" and in my 6mt it is a little ackward at times bc of the position of the stick but I still like it. Why dont u test drive one to see how you fit in it. Maybe some of the other members may be able to guide u better as I am under 6'. Congrats in advance on whatever u decide to do. And welcome to the site.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
yeah , i would actually test drive one and see how it is.

oh by the way, maybe your friend doesnt want to be driven that SEXY 350Z!!!! have you thought about that :)

you will be fine , they guy i sold my rims to, was a giant!!! i dunno how he fit in the Z

Welcome Robert

if you need anything just PM me :)

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
You'll be fine I bet. My dad is 6'2" and had no problem driving her, and no problem gettin her up to triple digits either The only thing my husband complains is that the seats are too narrow for his big shoulders, they start to ache after a while. But he's an ex swimmer so he's very broad. Go test drive one, I bet you leave w/ one :clap: and :welcome:

·
Registered
450 Posts
You should be fine at 6'2". I agree wityh everyone else go and take one for a test drive. Be careful if you are like the rest of us, you may not want to get out of it.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
I'll tell ya what you won't fit in.. the Porsche Boxster. A friend of mine and I went to test one out, and he couldn't get in! (He was the one who was 6-2, I fit fine at 5-5!)

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Well - you're tall - but how deep are you....

Sorry - I'm in a very metaphorical state of mind - probably a Woodstock acid flashback. :irock:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for all the help guys. i think i might try to go to a dealership to get in one in the next week or 2.

·
Registered
798 Posts
That could be taken in a terribly wrong way.. :lmfao: :rolf2:
gutter brain :nana:

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Man - you all are needing some help. :doh:

"I'm Frasier Crane, and I'm listening"..... :irock:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am 6'5" and have no problem in the Z, although getting in and out in a parking lot can be interesting if someone parks too close to you. I like your self came from driving an SUV, and I have as much head room as I did in my 2-door Explorer. I suggest test driving one, but be careful with the seat all the way back you will have a good size blind spot because of your B pillar, that you are not use to in you SUV.

·
Registered
620 Posts
It also depends if you have long legs and short torso, the other way around or somewhere in between. I am 6'2", all leg, my boss is 6'2" and all torso. When he sits in my car he looks like he is going to hit the headliner while I am miles from the headliner but the pedals feel a tad closer than I would normally set them even with the seat bottom all the way back.

Test drive is the only way.

Chris

1 - 20 of 23 Posts