Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

i would like to run this setup.. possibly with a TT.. i know it's possible.. but does anyone know where i can find the ITB setup?

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
first time i see something like that

wtf?!?!?

looks hot

i dont even see a CAI connected on that

just wondering are these airfilters connected to the tubes?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would think it would be easier just running a high flow plenum because it has just the one inlet to connect the one pipe coming from the intercooler to. Splitting up the piping from the intercooler to run to either side of that thing would be a little hard IMO. (in TT mentioned by m0nkee)

But for NA purposes, i like it. May need a vent in the hood though b/c that air would be slightly warm coming from right above the engine.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Independent throttle bodies are best used for a N/A setup. I can't imagine building a turbo kit around something like that.

You would also need to address fuel and ecu control if you went with these. I've never seen anyone do a set of these actually.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
looks different
very unique in design

wonder how it performs
Independent throttle bodies. An easy explination is, instead of having one intake tube going to a plenum that divides your air out for each cylinder, now you have independent intake filters and throttle bodies. The whole design is so you can get more air into the engine I do believe.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for all the info.. sucks that it's not available.. does anyone know anyone that does custom work like that? maybe someone that i can work alongside with in doing a FULL custon TT w/ ITBs.. i would really like to do this.. maybe someone has the knowledge and know-how.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
thanks for all the info.. sucks that it's not available.. does anyone know anyone that does custom work like that? maybe someone that i can work alongside with in doing a FULL custon TT w/ ITBs.. i would really like to do this.. maybe someone has the knowledge and know-how.
i really dont think this is possible. well.. anything is possible, but there is a line you cross with practicality and this is crossing that line.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts

You are talking about a WHOLE **** of a lot of money. If you have $20-30K you want to spend, PM me and I will get you in touch with the right people. (please note, this is not including the turbo or engine managment)

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
First, forced induction works much better with a traditional manifold/plenum design based on the way the air is presurized. You really wouldnt want to run ITB's with F/I.

Second, this is a very common practice on N/A honda's, and people have even found ways to modify motorcycle throttle bodies to work on b-series motors. It just so happens to work out the spacing is the same for the ports/TB's.

Third it would have to be done with a complete standalone computer system, seeing as our cars use a MAF and other sensors that would be eliminated with this type of setup.

Probably not worth it. If you want TT just get a kit and go.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'd be willing to cough up a finders fee if anyone can source this part. I am going to a stand-alone management anyways and I believe the VQ35 is capable of 350hp NA properly configured.

PM me if you can get the part with a valid quote.

Peace,

Dean

1 - 20 of 44 Posts