Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Ive struggled long and hard and read a whole heap of threads across many forums

This is the suspension setup im now steering towards and would love some feedback

Tanabe D-Spec shocks with Tanabe NF210 springs

What i want is a nice drop around 1" all round and a slightly softer front end than stock.......oh and way better bump absorption. The Tanabe springs have the same spring rate up front and only a few % harder in the rear. Originally i was thinking the HKS LS+ coilovers, but the spring rates are like 40% stiffer front and rear

Has anyone came across this combo before? Will i need rear camber rods to get back to specs with a 1"+ drop?

Also if there are any vendors watching, feel free to shoot me a pm if u can ship to Australia

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Well I can't comment on the springs but the Tokico shocks are gret with a very wide range of adjustability, the stiffest setting is like rock and the softest is like a big cruiser so you can adjust nicle for any purpose. Only issue I have is the adjusting of the rears is a bit of a pain but doable with the wheel on, some have said there might be a way to do it from the top but I have not looked into it.

I have the Eibachs and I have to do rear camber arms because it is just to much and I am not getting enough tire on the road.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I would like to see your review if you decide to go with these. I am most likely going with the HKS RS coilovers. They have a pretty big range of adjustability.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Why not go with Tein CS and spec a softer front spring rate? You'll get linear springs and a comfort biased setup. Going 1Kg softer in the front will yeild a 336/392 setup.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bw the three main Z forums ive found heaps of reviews on these parts......

ive decided to go for the Tokico Dpsec shocks with the Tanabe NF210 springs

with regard to the camber rods, does anyone recommend any? Ill prob wait and see how close to specs the shop can get the rears to first before buying a set. Quick question, would the shop know the correct specs, is there an industry manual? or do i have to know this stuff

and these camber rods ive seen priced from anywhere bw $100 and $400 bucks for what is seemingly the same identical part

eg camber on rods on ebay look identical to stillen rods at 4times the price

what the.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts