Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have really considered doing a wet kit with a 75 shot lately. Looking at Zex or Nitrous Express. Just wanted to get everyones opinion on this.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
It's definitely a bang for your buck mod. But how often do you drag? If you don't do it a lot, you won't have much use for a nitrous setup. But that's just my opinion

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
i had the zex kit on a car i owned a long time ago, i can say honestly that i really didint care for it. Pain in the ass to take the bottle in & out when you use it and then getting it refilled, etc etc. this is just my opinion!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any other opinions? (and thanks jaysen and andy for yours) I would leave it in my car so taking it in and out wouldnt be a problem. I would probably pit it in the stock sub location. Like how safe would running a small 75 shot be? I do like going to the 1/4 mile track with it too so I do like dragging it and its cool to have the power on tap when you need it.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
i ran a 75 shot on my integra type R which had a higher compression (10.6:1 ) than the GSR model and i had no problems. i know people told me that the compresion was hihg and to be careful of detonation, so i dont think it would be a probelm at all. the real problem comes down to the over abuse of nitrous.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I definately agree with the overuse thing. It wouldnt be an everyday nor everyweek thing. Just for when I need to use it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
how much would the whole kit cost u? are u getting any other mods along with the nitrous? (zex right?)

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would either go Nitrous Express. I think with the warming blanket and purge kit and all it will be close to $700. My mods are listed in my sig.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
NX kit is better IMO, and i would go with that one just like dave is!! good choice dave, i have heard nothing but good things about this kit.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
If you are going to do it, go for a 100-125 shot. I have heard from many people that you will not be impressed with anything less.

I am considering doing this as well. I say do it and suprise people on the streets.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Zex dry kit on my integra, and have had no problems. I'm not a big fan of NX and other wet single fogger kits...I don't like the idea of spraying fuel through my intake and TB. Not to mention the fact that a dry kit allows you to place the nozzle farther away from the TB, allowing for better mixture with the intake charge. Direct port wet kits, however, are another story. If you want an all out nitrous car or to run a big shot, that's the way to go.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
never been a big fan of nitrous outside of a drag application. i guess it is too F&F for me

·
Registered
23 Posts
i like my nitrous =O i say do it... but you wont be very impressed with a 75 shot just go straight to a 100 shot. also a window switch is a good idea to make it spray between 3 and 6k rpms but unless you spend a bit more and get the digital one you will have to send it in to get modified.

also a better place to put your nitrous is the spare tire well... thats where i have mine located next to my sub box but i have since taken all that out and am working on fiberglassing something that will hold my sub and my bottle maybe two bottles lol... but im not sure yet

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
I think the nitrous option is perfect. FI is just too much money for me and causes the reliability issues, and NA mods dont give the gains of nitrous. i say go for it

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
From all the info I have gathered I think I will be going with a 100 shot wet kit of either Zex or NX. Thanks for the opinions guys!

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
good luck with it, keep us updated on how it turns out
what kind of numbers do you expect with a 100 shot?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am expecting very low 13's hopefully form what I have seen others run under similar setups. There is even the possible 12's as I have seen a couple people run.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts