Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with a smaller set of tires than the recommended BridgeStone S-03s on these rims? Where I live they are difficult to get at those sizes and I'd like to know if I can use a smaller size S-03 on them.

·
Registered
300 Posts
What makes you think that S-03's are the correct tire? There are many others that make the correct size tires for Nismo rims. I use BF Goodrich g-Force TA KDW's and they rock. But you can also use Nitto's Michelin, Falken, etc. ect. etc.

The real issue is not can you mount a different size tire but that Nismo specifically says to not mount anything other than 245/40R18 and 275/40R18. I would stick to that. Look around for a brand that does make those sizes. Mail order if you have to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Help, my 2004 350Z is scraping its front bumper on the ground in the parking lot. You may have given me a clue to the problem. I have the Nismo rims installed by the dealer and he put on 225/45ZR18 Potenza s-03s on the front. You indicate 245s are the recommended size. Could this be the cause of the scraping problem?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
That dealer owes you an apology and new tires! What idiots! I would then ask for a satisfaction survey card (or whatever they call them) to fill out and mail in. See how they like that when you ask for it.

As for the original post, I would mail order because that is always cheaper than buying retail. I was just looking at Tire Rack and the BFG KDW's in 245's for only $178.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
i have kumho for my nismo rims, but getting the Pirelli P-Zero in the correct sizes. check out tire rack or discount tire and enter those sizes and see what turns up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts