Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting a Z. How many miles do you all get with the stock tires? How much do the tires cost to replace. I am just wandering how much maintance is going to cost, because this would be my daily driver. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
depends on a lot of factors:

A) what size wheels you have (17s, 18s, aftermarket 19s)

B) what tire you get. 17s are really cheap, but 19s cost alot to replace

C) how you drive. You can get 30k miles on a set if you are a mellow driver

·
Registered
620 Posts
For reference, I am at 17000 miles with stock 17s and it looks like I might make it to 25k at the wear bars. My daily use is freeway stuff with hard mountain runs about once or twice a month (for the last year) and I never drag race. It looks like they would cost between 150 to 250 each to replace depending on brand. I will most likely go with a wider, stickier tire next time so my tire mileage will go down, I am sure.

Chris

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I have the stock 18s and have about 24,200 miles on the car / rears. They are beginning to slip without pushing the gas too much.

I called the dealership and told the service advisor about having approx. 24K miles on the rears and he was amazed as this is about the longest that he has heard of someone going before having to replace the rear tires.

I found the BFGoodrich KDW T/A (2nd tread design) for about $157 a piece for the rears. Great tire, and by what I read from comments on tirerack.com these are by far better than my stock tires and even beat out the pricier Michelin Pilot Sport 2s that go for about $270.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I had 21,500 miles on the front stock tires before I got them changed. I still have the rears on, and some people look at them amazed that they are still on there. I don't drive like I'm in a race everyday...just every other day. :burnout:

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Originally posted by TOYKILLA@Aug 19 2005, 11:13 AM
depends on a lot of factors:

C) how you drive. You can get 30k miles on a set if you are a mellow driver
[snapback]147217[/snapback]​

was just going to suggest that one. i think it really does depend on how you plan to drive the car

·
Registered
59 Posts
Many have had tire probems (short life - e.g 5000-8000 miles) on the fronts. I am suprised that no one mentioned that.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Looks like I might be replacing my rears soon. I've got 21,600 miles on them, and now I think I might have developed a slow leak in the right rear tire. :headshake: Hmm...what's more important? Spoiler or tires?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Aug 22 2005, 03:11 PM
Looks like I might be replacing my rears soon.  I've got 21,600 miles on them, and now I think I might have developed a slow leak in the right rear tire. :headshake:  Hmm...what's more important?  Spoiler or tires?
[snapback]148161[/snapback]​

What kind of spoiler? :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by 350zluvr+Aug 22 2005, 06:14 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-SmoothZ
@Aug 22 2005, 03:11 PM
Looks like I might be replacing my rears soon. I've got 21,600 miles on them, and now I think I might have developed a slow leak in the right rear tire. :headshake: Hmm...what's more important? Spoiler or tires?
[snapback]148161[/snapback]​

What kind of spoiler? :biggrin:
[snapback]148173[/snapback]​

It's a secret... :wink: You have a PM.

·
Registered
51 Posts
For reference, I am at 17000 miles with stock 17s and it looks like I might make it to 25k at the wear bars.
The Wear Bars? How can I find this on my stock Bridgestone's?

I am thinking of replacing them soon. I have almost 22K on the stock tires.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I have a 2005 base model that was built in January (so the sticker inside my door says)

My rears were shot at 28k miles but my fronts werent bad at all except for the fact that the toe was off from the factory that caused slight camber wear on one side.

seriously i could have just bought rears and by the time those wore out i would have to replace them all the way around.

the stock bridgestones have a wear rating of 140 which is the lowest i have ever seen on a tire period.

my kumho ast's have a wear rating of 440 but at the cost of performance.

i will look for a performance tire with a wear rating of 300-340 range next time and try to get a performance tire.

i have stock 17's

·
Registered
655 Posts
I wouldn't expect the stock tires to last more than 15-20k. I have Nitto 555's (fairly cheap) and am almost at 30k on them.

However...I think their life will shortly come to an end. They're finally losing a bit of grip. :-(

·
Registered
368 Posts
how do people keep bringing back 2 year old threads?

In any event my stock 06 bridgestones lasted me 17...k miles, and they were fucking BALD. Well the rear passenger was a slick and the driver side was almost there. Should've kept the fronts as they were fine but I ended up getting cheapies all around. I liked how the stock tires gripped but they didn't last for **** though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts