Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please forgive me if this question has already been asked a thousand times. I have replaced my stock wheels with aftermarket ones. The aftermarket wheels don't have the tire pressure sensors. Most of the time this doesn't cause a problem, but every once in a while the low pressure light will come on on the dashboard. Once I shut off the car and turn it back on, it goes away. It seems to come on more often when i'm using the cruise control. Is this a common problem and is there something I can do to keep the light from coming back on?

TIA.

·
Registered
145 Posts
It seems a shame to have a feature on your car that you can't use. Someone on one of the forums makes a 'wrap band' that will allow you to install your sensors on Aftermarket wheels. you should check it out. The cost of the TPS system is in the thousands of dollars, you should look into getting it to work.

I don't have any input on getting the light to stay off without the presence of the sensors. Sorry, and good luck.

·
Registered
78 Posts
it sounds like they either damaged your sensors or they are not reading properly...

what type of wheels.. and how were they installed..

i have the sensors completely removed.. and i do not get any warning lights at all.. the only time warning lights are seen is when they are not reading properly

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Is it difficult to remove the sensors when installing different wheels? And who does that? The dealer or tire shop?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The tire shop removes the sensors usually. They just screw in and are sealed with an "o" ring similar to regular valve stems. I totally don't have the sensors installed in my aftermarket wheels. This is bascially not a problem. There are no warning or flashing lights most of the time. But if I'm on a long trip and using the cruise, the low pressure warning light will come on the dashboard. There is no flashing or chiming, just the light. It goes out when I restart the car. Just wanted to see if I could keep this from happening. The tire pressure monitoring system is more of a hassle than it is worth. It is only necessary if you have run flat tires. It is required by FTA in that case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts