Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market to replace my track wheels and I want to go with 18x9.5" all the way around. Are there any aftermarket wheels that accept the stock tire pressure sensors? Does anyone have a picture of the sensors?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
its not reccomended to run wheels without a stagger on the Z
i think you're gonna want 18x8.5 on front and 18x9.5 on rear
or 9.5 and 10.5 if you want that..

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not recommended by whom? I would hazard a guess that it is the Lawyers and Marketing Team the dictated the stagger on the Z, not the engineers!

Thanks for the heads up, but I am tired of the poor turn-in and interminable understeer!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have any info on the Sensors?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the pic.

:bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump:

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Originally posted by thrlskr@Oct 25 2004, 09:24 AM
Not recommended by whom?  I would hazard a guess that it is the Lawyers and Marketing Team the dictated the stagger on the Z, not the engineers!

Thanks for the heads up, but I am tired of the poor turn-in and interminable understeer!

your guess will be wrong. It is recommended to keep the stagger to properly maintain your TCS operating properly (or VDC if your model is so equipped). the car was designed with a stagger. as for the sensors working, you have to make sure they go back on in the same place they was removed (i.e., right rear sensor goes on the right rear rim, etc) and the place that does the switch has to be very careful when removing the sensors.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by Steve350Z@Oct 31 2004, 09:13 AM
the car was designed with a stagger.

But who's to say it wasn't the lawyers and/or the marketing team that said to design it with the stagger? I think that was his point

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have been running 18X 8.5 wheels all around for 50K miles with no problem on my Track model. VDC & TCS work great.

Just My .02

1 - 15 of 15 Posts