Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a different method for mounting tires on aftermarket wheels? It just seems like Mr. Tire or NTB would scratch the crap out of a polished lip...

·
Registered
406 Posts
Originally posted by C-Lawd@Jun 18 2005, 08:05 PM
Is there a different method for mounting tires on aftermarket wheels?  It just seems like Mr. Tire or NTB would scratch the crap out of a polished lip...
[snapback]117191[/snapback]​

You’ll need to ask if the local shop has equipment that utilizes the “touchless mounting� service.

Rim-clamping & bead-breaking operations are precise assuring that even the most expensive alloy wheels are undamaged. The fully adjustable tool bar can be set for both horizontal & vertical planes and the improved stainless steel mount-demount head allows the serviceman to perform all changing functions in the same position.

Types of wheels: Aluminum, Special Alloys and Steel

I had my LMGT4s mounted in this fashion. No scuffs or scratches when they were done. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Jun 19 2005, 07:13 PM
I did a search for touchless tire mounting in my area and it spit out a few places....:thumbsup:  that is what i recommend, and also ask BEFORE you go in if they can guarantee no scratches :biggrin:
[snapback]117496[/snapback]​

Or ask to watch. Its interesting to see how they mount and balance. Make sure the pry bar is covered with that plastic sleeve that goes on the end of it too.

-Steve (has changed more tires during college than he can recall)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts