Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who on here tints tail lights. I want them partially tinted, so they're a dark red,,,not totally blacked out.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
How is it done? I am also looking in to getting my tail lights tinted. Is it done with the spray or a film?
it is sprayed on and it looks amazing!! i had the film ones and were not pleased with them at all, and then josh got creative one day and started to tint the tails. When i saw his in person i said you gotta do mine :biggrin: the good thing is that josh can do however dark you want them.

here is how it is done and you can do it yourself unless you dont feel mechanically inclined to
http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Tutorial:Smoking_Taillights

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not entirely true for all states. In PA you are not allowed to alter your tails/sidemarkers/headlights/windows...NOTHING can be tinted, has to be factory. :) Unless you have a friend who does inspections, other wise you will be hard pressed to pass inspection...:dunno:
Uhh, I dont' know where in pa you're talking about, but my last car was a BMW 328i and I had front/ rear windows tinted at 35% and rear windshield, and clear side indicators, and my taillights were tinted (completely blacked out) light could still show through when they were on, but I drove that car for two years and never had a problem, and I had to drive through some pretty heavily Police infested areas to get to work/ school, so I dont think you should worry

·
Registered
627 Posts
Uhh, I dont' know where in pa you're talking about, but my last car was a BMW 328i and I had front/ rear windows tinted at 35% and rear windshield, and clear side indicators, and my taillights were tinted (completely blacked out) light could still show through when they were on, but I drove that car for two years and never had a problem, and I had to drive through some pretty heavily Police infested areas to get to work/ school, so I dont think you should worry
LOL. Police "infested" makes it sound like they are cockroaches. Crawling out from an old shoe.

:lmfao:

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Uhhhhhh if you look to the left and see under my avatar it clearly states Pittsburgh. And regardless of whether you got pinched or not w/ tinted whatever, it's still ILLEGAL. :)

·
Registered
627 Posts
Uhhhhhh if you look to the left and see under my avatar it clearly states Pittsburgh. And regardless of whether you got pinched or not w/ tinted whatever, it's still ILLEGAL. :)
My Z originally came from FLA where tint is ok....it looked real badass, so I left it on, even though it is illegal in IL. Well, I got pulled over 3 times in one month for that. Interesting that I got pulled over that much, yet I pass BMW's and Mercedes that have darker tint that go right past cops. It's all about what they feel like bustin ya on today...so Jinxxy's right....you're just one of the lucky ones.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts