Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have always had dark tint (20%). I have 20% on both of my other cars. However I went 35% on my Z. I have the chrome silver and like the look of the lighter tint against the silver. The darker tint just did not look right to me.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Dark cars...dark tint. Black cars NEED dark tint. I think dark looks good on white also. Something about a silver car...a lighter tint just looks classier in my opinion.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had 12% on the back window of my old intrepid and 20% around the sides...hahahah that thing was dark as ****.

My Intrepid was white and looked awesome with the dark tint. I agree on some colors dark doesnt look good.

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
i am running 5% on my brickyard.. i get tons of compliments on it.. its really entertaining when sitting at a redlight and people are trying to see into my car.. they make the funniest faces

·
Registered
123 Posts
I went with 35% all around. I would have went 20% but figured I'd get more police attention. We're not supposed to go below 70% on the fronts. :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went 5% on the hatch, rear sides, and top of windshield and 35% on doors. I get a ton of compliments, but then again tint always looks good on black.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The car is at the garage getn ripped apart for a full make over, twin turbo,exhaust,body kit wheels,audio,suspension and all kinda other stuff. as soon as its done i will post pics.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got my White 350z...

can u guys give me some suggestion how dark it should be tine?? like around what percentage?

thx

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sun Jai - On my PPW I went 20% on the side windows and 30% on the hatch.
My reasoning was that with 20% on the hatch a person looking (longingly) at the car could only barely see the 350Z on the rear strut. 30% made the car dark enough but allowed wanna-bee’s a chance to admire the entire car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
What do you guys think for a Silverstone? Im contemplating 35% on sides or 20% on sides? Anybody have any pics with either of these?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I have 15% on the sides and rear on my silverstone and it looks great. I would suggest going 5% on the rear though. Just looks even better.

·
Registered
254 Posts
5% tint. Isn't that limo tint? I love it. How the heck do you back up at night. Whats next, f-glassing up the rear window. I have a hard enough time seeing out my roadster's little rear glass,(with no tint) LOL. 20% is probably where I'm heading. Z Ya! Dave

1 - 20 of 22 Posts