Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some tint that is not quite dark enough. What is the best/easiest way to remove this stuff?

·
Registered
538 Posts
The same way they put it on, less the squeegy. Razor blade and windex (or similar solution). Just be careful around the defrost wires, you can get some crazy defrost lines if you cut one.

·
Registered
77 Posts
NO NO NO NO NO!

I'm sorry, I know this is resurrected, but I needed to tell you the right way. I've worked in tinting for MANY MANY years and this is how to do it with no hassle, no mess....

Spray the entire tinting surface with Windex, something with AMMONIA... then lay a giant garbage bag against the entire surface of tint. Wait an hour or two. The ammonia will soak through the tint, dissolving the adhesive and the tint will peel right off with the giant garbage bag.

Something along the lines of:
http://www.tintcenter.com/articles/bt_removal.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had my windows tinted last year and they did a horrible job. Twice. I decided to remove the tint myself and this was the best solution I found.

Use a clothes/fabric steamer ($25) like this:

Conair Compact Fabric Steamer - GS4 : Target

Steam on the edge of the window for 10-15 seconds to start it, and once it begins to peel, slowly peel it back and continue to steam the area where the adhesive is pulling up. I've helped a few friends remove their tint this way, and they all swear by it.

Plus, you don't have to worry about a razor blade cutting the rear defroster wires.

Hope this helps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts