Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Wow amuse that is really bloody impressive! So cracked 13.430 with just a cat back exhaust?

If you have any other mods or driving technique please post.

Where you times consistantly in the mid 13's ?

·
Registered
297 Posts
as i mention b4 i got the full engine back system...not just cat back...and i do consistantly between 13.7 andd 13.5 60" foot time is between 2.0

·
Registered
297 Posts
and also forget to mention the tyres i use is the stock tyres come with the car..which is the re040..not semi's or sticky tyres...
stock suspension as well.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
ok shut up allen and show us your New Supercharger lol.

Picture, review and dyno sheet please :D

Is it fitted yet?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
and also forget to mention the tyres i use is the stock tyres come with the car..which is the re040..not semi's or sticky tyres..

In light of that awesome 60' time, and awesome time. What technique did you use to launch the car?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Stock 35th anniv
60' time 2.57

60' time 2.51

went to perth motorplex last night..
darn busy only got two runs and had to wait about 45 mins between runs.
too much wheel spin and terrible 60' times, but times were not too bad.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
14.4, 60' time 2.51

Lexoi, what was the trap-speed on this times?

too much wheel spin and terrible 60' times

How did you launch? I find here (in Melbourne) anything over 2,500rpm results in way too much wheel-spin. While its still cold, make than anything over 2000rpm.

·
Registered
71 Posts
trap speed was just over 158km/hr

yeah i probably launched somewhere around 3000rpm.. never floored it in first gear, and and shifted at about 6000rpm but still lost a bit of traction in 2nd.

warmed my tyres with a quick burn out

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
i just bought myself a gtech pro timer which came in the mail today

ill see if i get time on the weekend to head out and do some runs

problems is finding a *cough* privately owned road to do it on

ill also have a 335i this weekend on test drive.........such timing :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
A little while ago I had a Driftbox strapped on my car. Driftbox is a GPS based data-logged, which calcualtes acceleration from the GPS information. It's more or less the same equipment as the local mags use.

Anyway, with the Driftbox on my car I managed to clock the following 400m times (with 30cm roll-out):
- 14.02sec @ 164.56kph (60' = 2.29)

Did not have much traction in 1st gear, but still pretty consistant with the times from Calder ... expect the trap-speed was much better here.

and and shifted at about 6000rpm but still lost a bit of traction in 2nd.

Are you talking about every gear, or just 1st here?

i just bought myself a gtech pro timer which came in the mail today

Will be interested to see the times for your car and also the 335. I hope that you'll take it to at least 160kph, and post detailed data ;-)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Stock 35th anniv
60' time 2.57

60' time 2.51

went to perth motorplex last night..
darn busy only got two runs and had to wait about 45 mins between runs.
too much wheel spin and terrible 60' times, but times were not too bad.
Shouldve gone dragwarz on Sunday :D I was showing my zed (still bit wussy to drag it) I was draggin a mates S14 .... rather blow up their car than my own .... lotsa fun will take the zed down eventually after the honeymoon period is over ;) But dragwarz i got about 7 runs in.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Shouldve gone dragwarz on Sunday :D I was showing my zed (still bit wussy to drag it) I was draggin a mates S14 .... rather blow up their car than my own .... lotsa fun will take the zed down eventually after the honeymoon period is over ;) But dragwarz i got about 7 runs in.

7 runs is pretty good.. it's so busy at whoop arse wednesday's now.. 2 runs is hardly worth going for.. $40 a night means $20 a run... wat color is ur zed? 06 model?

Dave: shifted 6000rpm in first gear only.. rest of the gears i shifted at red line. was going to try shifting earlier but didn't get enuff runs.. prob try shifting around 6500rpms..

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
shifted 6000rpm in first gear only.. rest of the gears i shifted at red line.

Cool. I've added you and your times to the 1st post in this thead.

·
Registered
61 Posts
hahaha Chris ...... good time - but pauls still aiming to beat you in the zed ;)
Hi Lauren
Temps were not kind at dragwarz but managed a best 13.8 @ 165kph from memory.
Had a great run that was .3 quicker 60' time than the best run but muffed the 2-3 change
Go the 35 !

·
Registered
34 Posts
Can't recall the 60' time. Biggest issue was wheelspin the entire run due to crappy little road tyres. Also with tools, spare and a full tank of fuel. I'm sure it could've done better. Just waiting for the current owner to have a run.
i ran a 12.6 175kph with a 1.8 60' on nankang 205/50/16s in my 200sx

61 - 80 of 98 Posts