Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 40 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Update on 400m 14.327, Terminal 154.15

I'm still baffled by your trap-speed as it's good 5 - 7kph too low. Are you still shifting at 6100/6200rpm?

Bad 60' 2.161

The 60' time does not look bad to me at all ... it's 0.1sec better then my best 60' time. I'd say that if I could manage a 60' time like that then I'd be in 13.8s.

So I don't think it's your launch, but something that seems to hamper your trap-speed that is limiting your time.

ps. how many other runs did you get, and what were they like?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi David....

The other runs were in the 14.4 ish range.
I think it must be in my upshifting somewhere?

Ta for reply...

Steve

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Originally posted by Datsunman@Dec 2 2004, 05:38 AM
That 14.07 is exceptional for stock KY....Whats the secret, they make your car on a Wednesday!!

Conditions on the day will have an effect on the times - perhaps I went to the drags on a good day???? Still not happy with my launch technique as I kill about 3/10ths on the line.
If i could do consistant 13.8's with no mods like Lionking, then I'd be very happy. Its definately in the car but is it in this driver???
I have not been to WSID since I recorded that time though.

I think its been discussed before, but I think you are shifting way too early. I'm confident that you'd knock of at least 2/10ths if you shifted right on redline. Not to mention shifting speed - I slam the lever home as fast as I can.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Originally posted by DavidM@Dec 2 2004, 06:20 AM
Update on 400m 14.327, Terminal 154.15

I'm still baffled by your trap-speed as it's good 5 - 7kph too low. Are you still shifting at 6100/6200rpm?

Bad 60' 2.161

The 60' time does not look bad to me at all ... it's 0.1sec better then my best 60' time. I'd say that if I could manage a 60' time like that then I'd be in 13.8s.

So I don't think it's your launch, but something that seems to hamper your trap-speed that is limiting your time.

ps. how many other runs did you get, and what were they like?

Perhaps we should have results scanned in, like the dyno results?
Steve

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Perhaps we should have results scanned in, like the dyno results?

Sure, but I don't think anyone here is questioning the times ... afterall, there's not many of us here and we all know each other reasonably well.

Still, if you got them scanned, then post them.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Time slip did not scan well at all, but ET should just be ledgible.

Edit: Sorry attachment did not work as file size is 500k.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
There you go boys.... a (almost) stock manual well under 14.

Just not in Australia ;-) Going by the 60' time, I'd pressume that this track has a lot more traction than we do. Or LBSOHK has the launching totaly sussed. I have no doubt we could match (or maybe even betetr) the time if we could run a 2.0x 60' time.

Anyway, here's my 14.071 @ 160.34kph with 2.222 60' time:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Guys - I've scanned my slip using Picture It, but the quality is crap. What program do you use to get high resolution and what size are the files (I assume under 100K to attached here).

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
What program do you use to get high resolution and what size are the files (I assume under 100K to attached here).

I scanned is as B/W text at 150dpi. Then in Paint Shop Pro I cropped it, increased the color-deph, and 'resampled' it to 200 pixels wide. Then I I decresed it to 256 colors, and saved it as a GIF and it is 10kb in size.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Fuggen can't do it. Use Microsoft PictureIt, MP Toolbox V4.1 and Presto! Page Manager 6 to scan. The lowest file size is 120K though.
I'm such a technophobe!!!!!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Gobbledegook.

I have failed yet again.

DavidM, seeing that you have a copy of my slip, please feel free to post on my behalf.

I don't think I'll ever attempt to attach anything to a post ever again!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
DavidM - thanks for posting the slip for me.

As you and I have recorded the same time, I have been comparing our slips.

At 660', your car was doing 79.76mph and it took 9.163s to get there. My car took 9.13s to cover that distance with a terminal speed of 78.16mph. So at the 660' mark, you're going slightly faster than me and I would have expected that your mph at the end of the quater would be higher than mine, especially considering that you have the HT exhaust for a better high rpm response. But alas, I recorded a slightly higher mph time (100.18 vs 99.59).
What gives??? Wheel spin during gear changes / temp / grip / etc???
Looks like your car has potential for much better times / speeds.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
DavidM - thanks for posting the slip for me.

np at all.

and I would have expected that your mph at the end of the quater would be higher than mine, especially considering that you have the HT exhaust for a better high rpm response. But alas, I recorded a slightly higher mph time (100.18 vs 99.59).

I'm not sure about the drag-strip that you went to, but at Calder the terminal-velocity is calculated over the last 60'. Therefore, what you see is the 'average' over the last 60'. and not exactly the terminal-velocity as such. It's about 2kph off from what I worked out. Not a huge difference, but still good to know when analizing these things.

There was a little bit of wheel-spin on each gear-change ... but I pressumed that everyone gets that.

I would guess so ... in particular in the ligh of my (relatively) poor 60' time.

21 - 40 of 98 Posts