Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still had a little trouble with wheel hop out of the whole even though I just put on the JIC traction bars, so I had to ease into it. I still think the times were alright. Had a great time though. There was an 07 lexus is350 running 13.3s all day long, and that new BMW twin turbo 330i running 13.7s

Attachments

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
At what RPM were you launching? That might be the wheel hop problem. It takes a lot of practice to find the sweet spot.

Did you change your tire pressure any? The 03 Touring is heavy, so it takes a 'diet' and some major mods to get her under 14 seconds.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At what RPM were you launching? That might be the wheel hop problem. It takes a lot of practice to find the sweet spot.

Did you change your tire pressure any? The 03 Touring is heavy, so it takes a 'diet' and some major mods to get her under 14 seconds.
I tried luanching at 35k,3k, and 25k and all experienced wheel hop @ 30psi. All I could do was just act like I was taking off from a stop light in a hurry to get the best times I could. Should I try a higher rpm to launch at? or what has been your experience?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Launching it at a lower RPM is better. If you can somehow ease into it and progressively accelerate from the line, then you can beat that wheel hop. I don't know how else to explain it. Rev too high and you'll get massive hop and waste rubber.

****, I just saw your sig. Maybe it's your 60' time that needs to improve. :dunno: If you can get that down closer to 2 seconds or under....

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Smooth, I'll try the lower rpm approach next time, and just keep practicing. Does anybody know if stiffer springs/coils would help with the wheel hop? I was thinking they might since those are the suspension components keeping the tires on the ground.

I would really like to try the course racing next, and really see how the Z plays the game it was built to play. Anybody know of anything in the Dallas area?

·
Premium Member
3,368 Posts
Thanks Smooth, I'll try the lower rpm approach next time, and just keep practicing. Does anybody know if stiffer springs/coils would help with the wheel hop? I was thinking they might since those are the suspension components keeping the tires on the ground.

I would really like to try the course racing next, and really see how the Z plays the game it was built to play. Anybody know of anything in the Dallas area?
I have been trying to do some research on this and I have heard that the 03-04 Mustang Cobra's have independent rear setup which gives lot of wheel hop. I have been trying to find what those guys have been doing to eliminate it. Nothing so far but hopefully other cars with similar setups will be able to provide some answers for us.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a buddy with an 07 stang with the same issue and he replaced his lower control arms and it went away. It was the same parts,radius rods, that I replaced on mine with the JIC. We'll keep searching though.

·
Registered
12 Posts

You can do some track racing at
http://apexdrivingacademy.com/ . These is an event on the 17th November

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have been trying to do some research on this and I have heard that the 03-04 Mustang Cobra's have independent rear setup which gives lot of wheel hop. I have been trying to find what those guys have been doing to eliminate it. Nothing so far but hopefully other cars with similar setups will be able to provide some answers for us.
they use urethane control arm bushings. see, it's nice to have some mustang guys around :cheers:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they use urethane control arm bushings. see, it's nice to have some mustang guys around :cheers:
The Traction bars from JIC have polyurethane bushings as well, but no dice.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yeah, try to keep your rpms under 3500rpms. It works for me. I slip the clutch and once the car is rolling i lift the rest of the way. I have stock suspension on my car. On some cheap 245's i netted 1.8 60fts. Waiting to change the clutch on the z and go for 1.7's with 275's in the back and still a street tire.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i have a 03 touring and i ran a 14.0 with a bad launch at 1700. (took a nose dive) and i only have a plenum spacer and jwt intake also have crappy tires. with good set of tires and if you figure out how to launch the car you can definitley break 13's.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I tried luanching at 35k,3k, and 25k and all experienced wheel hop @ 30psi. All I could do was just act like I was taking off from a stop light in a hurry to get the best times I could. Should I try a higher rpm to launch at? or what has been your experience?
:OMG: Well there's your problems!!!

....sorry i'm a nerd..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts