Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the Tilton Rally Clutch and 8 lb. Flywheel today at Performance Nissan in Duarte, Calif. It revs really fast now. Very hard to launch from a dead stop in 1st gear, but I have only driven it for less than an hour, I am sure I will get the hang of it. Once you are rolling, it bites hard, and allows very free revving. A definite improvement over the JWT 14 lb. Aluminum Flywheel and stock clutch I have had for the last 5 months. BTW the stock flywheel weighs 31 lbs.

·
Registered
123 Posts
How's it feel off throttle?
Too extreme for my commute me thinks.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the Z is your daily driver and you have to commute in heavy traffic, you definitely don't want the Tilton clutch and flywheel. Once you are rolling, it's great. But from a dead stop, it is very hard to launch the car smoothly, and easy to kill the engine. I need more practice and I'm sure I will get the hang of it better, but it will never be as smooth as the stock clutch.

You might try JWT flywheel and stock clutch, which I had for several months.

I commute in my Audi S4, which is smooth as silk, most of the time.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm still waiting to see if Tilton will ever come out with their street version, that or EVO's flywheel, if the street version is similar to the race, then that must be a heck of a light flywheel.

--j2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts