Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for anyone that wishes to come, but I will only be traveling in the Tifton, Moultrie, Valdosta, or Albany area. I'm also looking for a location if anyone can provide one.

Here's the deal. I can provide two maybe four models to photograph with your ride. This isn't a money making project for me. The only cost will be to cover the models and film and processing pretty much. You have to sign a property release so I can use the photos on my website. BYOB (bring your own babe) is also an option. I think we can pay the models and pay for the film and processing at $125 per car. That'll give you between 20 and 40 photos and the model of course. $75 if you bring you own model. The shoot will need to be on a saturday or wednesday. Whichever works best for the majority. I'll need to know who is interested and if they will be providing their own model and how many vehicles they will bring. So any interested folks should email me at [email protected] with all their information. I'll need some kind of deposit from everybody to cover the initial purchase of film. (can't foot the bill all by myself) we'll figure that out once we know how much film we need. I think the first week or second week in September would be best. That will give everyone time to make time for the shoot and it will give me time to get the models lined up. We still need a location if anyone can provide one. Providing the location means your shoot is free.

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
Originally posted by john_mcduffie@Aug 4 2005, 04:34 PM
This is for anyone that wishes to come, but I will only be traveling in the Tifton, Moultrie, Valdosta, or Albany area. I'm also looking for a location if anyone can provide one.

Here's the deal. I can provide two maybe four models to photograph with your ride. This isn't a money making project for me. The only cost will be to cover the models and film and processing pretty much. You have to sign a property release so I can use the photos on my website. BYOB (bring your own babe) is also an option. I think we can pay the models and pay for the film and processing at $125 per car. That'll give you between 20 and 40 photos and the model of course. $75 if you bring you own model. The shoot will need to be on a saturday or wednesday. Whichever works best for the majority. I'll need to know who is interested and if they will be providing their own model and how many vehicles they will bring. So any interested folks should email me at [email protected] with all their information. I'll need some kind of deposit from everybody to cover the initial purchase of film. (can't foot the bill all by myself) we'll figure that out once we know how much film we need. I think the first week or second week in September would be best. That will give everyone time to make time for the shoot and it will give me time to get the models lined up. We still need a location if anyone can provide one. Providing the location means your shoot is free.
[snapback]141679[/snapback]​

$125 doesn't seem bad... do we get to screen the models first? :wink:

For me a lot depends on when... I have a pretty full fall schedule. However, I will throw this out... We can do the shoot as part of the Fontana ZDayZ planning fall retreat (hey, I'd be providing the location!). There are some really nice spots nearby we can use. Dates would be Oct 7-9 in the mountains so we should be able to get some nice photos with Zs, models and the leaves changing.

Also, I **may** be able to hook up a cabin for the models if you bring several.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by mcduck+Aug 4 2005, 04:40 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-john_mcduffie
@Aug 4 2005, 04:34 PM

For me a lot depends on when... I have a pretty full fall schedule. However, I will throw this out... We can do the shoot as part of the Fontana ZDayZ planning fall retreat (hey, I'd be providing the location!). There are some really nice spots nearby we can use. Dates would be Oct 7-9 in the mountains so we should be able to get some nice photos with Zs, models and the leaves changing.

[snapback]141688[/snapback]​

Give me an idea of where I would be going. I'll still need to know approximately how many folks will be using my services and get a deposit for film. I'm a full time freelance photographer so I have no money. :helpsmilie: How many people are usually there? Any help with lodging would be appreciated. We'll need to get that taken care of as a high priority. Models don't do so well in tents. :lmfao: Let's see how many interested people there are and we'll work from there. I'm all for it. I love the mountains. My girlfriend is from Dalton, GA so when we visit her folks I make it a point to find new waterfalls to shoot.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by mcduck+Aug 4 2005, 04:40 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-john_mcduffie
@Aug 4 2005, 04:34 PM

[snapback]141688[/snapback]​

And to answer the other question - all the models will be posted on my website for anyone to view. What kind of screen did you have in mind?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Chazzg@Aug 5 2005, 01:16 AM
A digital Camera IS your friend
[snapback]141866[/snapback]​

True, it would be easier and there would be no need for film, but film is still better. Plus I don't have $1800 laying around to buy a digital setup. And that's just for the camera, a few filters, and some memory cards. To really get set up would run me around $8000. Then to get set up to shoot sports I wold have to invest another 8 to 10 grand in a 800 to 1000 mm tele f/2.8 lens. If you really want to get technical I'd need twice all this so i would have a back up of each component. This is why I have not switched to digital yet plus film still gives me better photos than what I've seen from the digi folks. I do want to switch for the sheer reason that it will save me money in the long run. Most of the assigments I get don't pay expenses. They give you an advance to cover expenses, but that comes out of your total pay. Then I do stuff like what we're proposing here. I should charge at least $300 per car so I could make some cash, but everyone here has been really nice since I joined. I actually only joined to comment on a post that was directed at one of my models. Now I can't leave. I've been sucked into the Twilight Zone. :rolf2: But seriuosly, I agree with you on the digi, but it'll be several more weddings before I can afford to switch and still be able to eat at the same time.

I am looking for investors in case anyone is interested. :helpsmilie:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts