Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I only have 1 more day to decide if I should make a last minute change to my suspension. I am installing the Tien Flex Suspension in a day and I know the spring rates are 600 does anyone have experience with this suspension on the street. Do you think I should go light springs before the install??? Any feed back would be great. The car is gonna be driven on the street mostly and some track days...

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
If memory serves the 2nd generation Tein Flex are 12Kg springs...stiffer than stock. My 1st gen Tien Flex (10Kg) is o-k on the street, but even with the edfc set to the softest setting, the ride is still stiff. Not bad on the freeway, but bumpy on poorly conditioned roads.

I plan on installing the ZEAL Function-V6 coilover soon.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Current TEIN Flex specs:
Twin tube
Adjustable dampeners
Full-length adjustment and height adjustment for separate setting of the height and spring preload
F Spring Rate: 672, +114%
R Spring Rate: 672, +98%
Transfers +16% roll stiffness to front
Damper Adjustability: 16-way Adjustability
Extremely high spring rates mean even when the adjustable damping is set as low as possible, you may not find ride quality happiness, several reports of this setups harshness exist Yet a few owner comment’s of a “like stock ride quality” also exist. However given the fact that they use a spring stiffness that’s over 100% stiffer then oem, if ride quality is of concern, either hitch a ride in a car equipped with them or make a different choice. In addition, several review’s have been done by people actually having the original more softly sprung Tein Flex coilovers (JDM Version). Do not take their comments to mean the same as the one using the current US product, the original product specs are listed below under Tein Flex JDM.

these are very stiff...

·
Registered
61 Posts
The current TEIN flex's can be used with the JDM 10KG springs. I went from the 12kg springs to the 10kg springs. The new replacement springs cost me about $160. the shock portion of the coilovers can handle springs ranging from 10 to 14KG according to TEIN without requiring revalving. If the roads where you live are in good condition then the coilovers will not be a problem, but if your roads suck in your main driving area then I would go with either a set of dropsprings, or a coilover kit with a softer springrate around 8 to 10 KG.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts