1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am in strong debates with myself on Titanium exhaust

My thoughts are this:

Advantages
~45lb savings for ~ 2x the money ofthe borla or nismo.
~bragging rights for having Ti

Disadvantages
~only one dual available (HKS and much more expensive)
~y pipe back only on most models
~Ti y-pipe = more $ but more lbs off

Comments?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I dont think its worth the weight savings for this. It would be cool to say that you have a Ti system. Besides that and a little weight savings I would rather go with Nismo or Borla.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i'm looking at the magnaflow single ti exhaust, it's made by a very reputable company in japan (not sure if i can say whom?). also, i like the way that single exhaust looks.

no exhaust is really going to make a lot of power in our cars, except in FI applications. imo, the best thing you can do as far as performance is to drop weight, and 40-45lbs is ALOT.

·
Registered
264 Posts
go for it! the veilside ti makes the z PURRRRRRRRRRRRR

·
Registered
467 Posts
I would definitely do it (currently planning on it myself). Not only the power but the weight savings. I think that is one the best weight savers you can get...and the Z definitely needs the diet. Go for it dude. :cheers:

EDIT: Sorry didn't realize this post was a year old until it was too late.

·
Registered
788 Posts
i am in strong debates with myself on Titanium exhaust

My thoughts are this:

Advantages
~45lb savings for ~ 2x the money ofthe borla or nismo.
~bragging rights for having Ti

Disadvantages
~only one dual available (HKS and much more expensive)
~y pipe back only on most models
~Ti y-pipe = more $ but more lbs off

Comments?
Not worth it. Yes you save weight, but you are taking the weight off the worst possible place: bottom-center. This will raise the center of gravity on the car. True, not much. But then again 45 lbs isn't really a lot in the grand scheme of things, either. You can shave off more than that by putting racing seats in it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
shift z: Id like to see pics of that veilside Ti exhaust if you have them.

I like the Ti exhausts. They are cool and save a lot of weight.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
I love mine. 45# is hard to shed anyway you slice it. Might as well have the Ti for the looks, sounds and savings.

I'm not trying to budget mod. I don't care that it was 2x the price of anything else. It sounds badass and looks killer.

This has helped me shave nearly #150 from the car. And that, my friends, is worth it to me.

Both Power House AMUSE and ARC make full Ti. exhaust systems.
The HKS Ti. does NOT use Ti. piping. Just the mufflers.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
from what ive seen alot of marketed 'titanium' exhaust are stainless mufflers with ti tips - lame

i went through the same decision process when ordering my Fuji, but couldnt justify spending the extra cash since i wanted a brand new exhaust and not a used one. For the money saved i bought the Fuji y-pipe and can go a set of crawford cats (though still undecided)

re the weight gains, i cant understand those that think 3-5kgs less will make a difference back there. Take 1kg off the roof, then ill believe its made a difference

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think I am going with the JIC Magic Spartan DE Type 1 Ti Series. 3" y-back weighs only 4lbs total. This will go great with the T-Netics or APS single i plan to get.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Im considering that also although I may go with a custom. I like the APexi Ex Ti can better than the JIC but the exhaust does not come in all Ti.

Dunno yet.

·
Registered
585 Posts
For those going all out on weight savings it is for sure worth it. ARC makes an exhaust system from test pipes back in full TI, but be prepared to pay up the nose in the range of 3k for an exhaust system. Honestly, I would pay for it but it would scare the crap out of me when I track my car since I have lost my fair share of bumpers and have spun out :clap:

Another hot product I came upon was the Ti headers that MINES makes for RHD Z33's and it is priced to the tune of $3500 :helpsmilie: Talk about weight savings and incredible heat dissipation

My goal in the next 4 months is to be tipping the scales at 2700 lbs with 1/2 a tank :irock: Those of you on the other forum are hopefully following my buildup :wavey:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts