Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I purchased the new 350evo shifter and had it installed by Street Image today :) Thanks Eric, Mando, and that Hottie Aileen!

Anyways, the shifter install was very quick and if I was not lazy, I would do it myself. Shifts are a bit "tighter" as in stiffness, but the positives far outweigh this one con. Shifts are surprisingly extra crisp! I can slam through the gears with ease when compared to OEM and of course it does not hurt that the throw is shorter as well :) Upshifts are now 500% pure bliss, and rev-matching is really fun while downshifting :)

I will be sad to see the day that 350evo no longer makes products for our 350z's because BJ and the crew over there command my respect since I love track bred parts.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I heard that this shifter allows for a lot of the driveline and shifting noise into the cabin. Do you find this true, and if so how bad is the transmitted sound?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I heard that this shifter allows for a lot of the driveline and shifting noise into the cabin. Do you find this true, and if so how bad is the transmitted sound?
I personally don't have that issue, but then again my car is pretty loud to begin with :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
I loved my 350evo shifter as well. It did rattle in 4th gear for me, but the shifts were absolutely awesome. I too will shed a tear when BJ and the crew move away from the 350Z game.

·
Registered
77 Posts
how bad are these rattles? I mean is it like CLANK CLANK!!!!! or is it just a subtle noise that is there?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how bad are these rattles? I mean is it like CLANK CLANK!!!!! or is it just a subtle noise that is there?
I don;t have any rattles at all. I have the revised version however

·
Registered
193 Posts
I got this shifter installed recently as well.. "version 3".. everything is as Rickdogg says.. I get absolutely no rattling in any gear.. whether I'm crusing or flooring it.. I tried hard but I get no rattle..very impressed and surprised because I was expecting the worst from all the previous reports and the disclaimer from 350EVO themselves..

superb product!

--mike

·
Registered
54 Posts
I only get a slight rattle when I'm in 4th gear but as long as you put your palm on the shift-knob it goes away. I don't know about the rest of you but I did get quite a bit of noise in the cockpit. This is my first car with an RPM gauge so it helps me shift by ear...and it makes your car sound sexy...er?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts