Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the new (9 miles) coupe Wednesday, it was one of the first '05s sold here in Houston. I have 400 miles on it so far, and am working religiously on the break-in. As is standard for everyone, my smile is wide and long lasting! Differences over the 03/04 are few and minor....

The new software in the 5A is interesting as the "shift matching" does a pretty good job on the downshift. About 75% of the time it matches well, the rest is a bit less smooth. Perhaps as the car breaks in and the ECU learns the way I drive it will get even better. Is it an improvement? Yes IMO, but not perfect yet.

The added seat height adjustment is a big improvement IMO, it makes it easier for me to get the seat in the right position. I usually drive with the seat bottom tilted up considerably in front and the seat back is laid down quite a bit. This is easier to do in the '05. Some drivers will never even notice, but it's a big plus for me.

Most other changes are for the 6M cars, like a lower pedal effort on the clutch. But I'm really happy right now, can't wait for 1200 miles to show up on the clock!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Glad you are enjoying your new Z. From what it seems you used to have one before. What year was it? Its good to see some comparisons between the new and older ones.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">Face it jinxxy, we're driving around with dated technology. *sigh* I guess it's time to trade in for a 6MT
</span>

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Haha. Don't worry, I meant me, not you. You trading in Lucy would be like trading in a child

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by LBSOHK@Oct 10 2004, 09:25 AM
no 6 speed - no care ..

.... what color did you get , and if you had 03-04 , what happened to it ?

LB, he's got a DB.

Jinx, don't you know the reason we refer to cars as 'her' is because they get better with age?

And Dirn, I know you're trading in for the yellow Z.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I bet you'd get good tips!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice to hear that you are pleased w/ what you got. Did you have an EARLIER model?
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Sorry for the late reply - been out putting on some miles!

The last Z I actually owned was over 25 years ago!

But, a friend has an 04 Touring and I've spent some time in that car - he even let me borrow it for a weekend....it's good to have friends!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Face it jinxxy, we're driving around with dated technology. *sigh* I guess it's time to trade in for a 6MT 
WOW I thought guys drive the 6MT buy default. Man you better trade that **** before people start talking

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by juanjo_z@Oct 12 2004, 10:30 PM
WOW I thought guys drive the 6MT buy default.

<span style="color:darkblue">That's what my Si's for

I know, the daily drive is a standard and the performance car is an auto, a little backwards, but whatever</span>

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN@Oct 10 2004, 09:10 PM
I wonder if people would be willing to ride in the trunk

Do trunks come with an auto Z?

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Oct 12 2004, 10:46 PM

<span style="color:darkblue">Dude, I think you need to go to bed, cause that made no sense whatsoever

And even if it did, since we're talking about a 6MT, autos don't really apply

So
yourself</span>

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN+Oct 12 2004, 09:48 PM-->QUOTE (DiRN @ Oct 12 2004, 09:48 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-SmoothZ
@Oct 12 2004, 10:46 PM

<span style="color:darkblue">Dude, I think you need to go to bed, cause that made no sense whatsoever

And even if it did, since we're talking about a 6MT, autos don't really apply

So
yourself</span>

I'm just gonna laugh that one off.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts