Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
holy crap washington or oregon they have got to be out of there mind i would never go that far just for a little weekend fun unless i did it for a living.
I think they took extra time off to enjoy the drive. I believe it was a father and son team who trailered their Z to FVR and won some awards.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I think they took extra time off to enjoy the drive. I believe it was a father and son team who trailered their Z to FVR and won some awards.
well that would have been some fun but still that is no joke for a drive i drove out to cali from texas(by myself:ahhh::50cal::boring:) this past february and now im driving back this upcoming february and just from texas to cali was a really long drive at least i got to see the grand canyon.

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
I think that was one of the R33's? Regardless, that is one long ass haul especially pulling a trailer! :OMG: My longest haul in the Z wsa to Myrle Beach - about 600 miles. Split it into 2 days going down (via the Tail of course!) and one long day coming back, mostly through blinding rain. Not a fun trip, especially having to visit with a NC Trooper just after leaving FVR on Sunday morning on my way to meet Bryan and @!%&$*(lol, some will get that) for breakfast on my way to the coast.
And Terri, that was Chris who gave me a ride that day too - really rounded out the entire experience :shiftdrive:

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
Track Day Registration

Every year, these guys put up threads on every car site that I run across. I have yet to go, but I want to do the Autobahn Country Club so badly it hurts. Almost 4 miles of road course heaven awaits me no more than 6 hours away.
We got to do some "parade laps" there during the Midwest Regional event 2 years ago - they gave us a pretty free rein but no passing allowed so it wasn't quite a track day. And we were only on 1/2 of the course - other half was being used for a real track day. Nice track but flat as a pancake so not one of my favorites. Mid Ohio is awesome but it is really challenging - I need much better brakes before I could go all-out there. Of course it is only an hour up the road so that's a plus.

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
im in the navy and im gettin out and i cant really get a good enough job to stay out here and plus cali is ridiculous on taxes they sure can tax the **** outta ya. haha. but yea anyways i will be goin to school with my gi bill n im tryin to go to a comerical pilots school. ive been told that job makes pretty good money :biggrin: and its supposedly way undermanned.

smoothz: that autobahn country club looks like its a **** of a lot of fun but its soo **** far away. im hoping to be able to get enough money to go to the zdayz in i think its north carolina in the smokey mountains...
Guess I must have missed that navy part - didn't realize you were a fellow squid. :cheers: Of course when I say "fellow" my time was more than a few years ago, lol.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Guess I must have missed that navy part - didn't realize you were a fellow squid. :cheers: Of course when I say "fellow" my time was more than a few years ago, lol.
haha it wasnt in this thread but i had said something about it in a few other threads. what did you do when you were in? i just got back from a 3 year tour in japan on the shitty kitty n george washington. n no matter how long ago you did ur time u still did it. im bout to be able to say ex also lol.

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
I was a land sailor - 4 years and never served on a ship. Communications/Cryptologic Tech - not a whole lot of sea berths for that rate and at the time, I wasn't all that wild about having to go to sea anyway. In hindsight, I now wish I had - would have seen more of the world that way. Spent a year in Winter Harbor Maine, a year on Diego Garcia broken up with 45 days of TDY in northern Thailand, and a year in Edzell Scotland. Only DG is still open - imagine that technology got to the point where the other two were not needed - plus the mission has changed a lot since 1977 when I got out. Enjoyed all 4 years though, especially Scotland - I made E-5 while there so lived on the local economy rather than on base.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
ahh u had it real easy then im an jet mechanic i had a friend of mine cross rate to CTN so yea she told me all about her never having to go to a ship lol i should've been smarter at the time with electronics lol...ive seen quiet a lot of the world and that part i am thankful for. ive been to sydney, brisbane, and fremantle/perth, australia those were my favorite of all places but ive also been to malaysia, south korea, hong kong, guam a million times, hawaii, singapore, and thats bout it unless u wanna consider san diego, and bremerton, wa a port lol i went to those 2 places when i was Decomming the kitty hawk...

21 - 30 of 30 Posts