Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just really want some other people opinions...

im thinking of a bigger car, right now im thinking or a forester XT

im only 23 and since i cant afford 2 cars, or see the point right now, i may as well sell..

as much as i love looking at my zed, and driving it
i dont think its the right car anymore .. i have had my zed around 18 months, and its been good.
but i want something a bit bigger to carry some stuff, IE JET SKIS and people ...

so anyone want to give me some positve or negitive opinions... i would appriciate it

i havnt researched it lots just yet, im going to try do it toady, and test drive this week, i have only driven a 2003 forester and i liked it back then, so i dunno about auto or manual.... we'll see....

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
well Forester XT is a good car.

Just that i don't like the Latest looks, the Rear seats is famous for the crampiest. but i think the latest on is ok.

Also the Newest one has 5 spd auto as well ( if you look for auto that is better for you).

but also wondering if you will ever go 4wd? If 4wd might as well get X-trail. if not Toyota RAV4?

If power i would say Forester XT is the way to go.

If not why don't you buy a big cheap second hand car instead while keeping the Zed :)

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'm rather partial to the new Liberty.

I think the Forester is the second most unattractive car on the road, they can be made to go quick though!

If I was to ever get one of the 4x4's I think I'd go for the Ford one.

As always

H

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Murray,

OT: How do you like the new STI Liberty??? (check your pm please), this might help whitezed to decide which car to go too

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
80 Posts
but also wondering if you will ever go 4wd? If 4wd might as well get X-trail. if not Toyota RAV4?
You've got to be kidding. The Forester is a far more capable offroad than either the XTrail or Rav4.

That said if you don't plan on using it offroad then you may want to look at the Outback (although it's still more capable than the XTRail or RAV4 IMO) as it's a little more roomy and better looking. Alternatively The Liberty wagon would also be a good choice.

I'm obviously biased a little having recently leased a Forester XSL, but IMO they're small enough for daily driving and easy parking yet large enough to carry your gear as well as handle medium offroad work (although the XT doesn't have the low range of the other models) should you want to.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I'm a big fan of the Liberty GT also. While the exterior is beautiful, the interior is only marginally better than the Z's interior.

WRT the Teritory, it looks good from the outside has a decent engine and the new 6 speed gear box should be great. But build quality is very poor. At the Sydney International Motor Show, the Teritory had a massive rattle in the drivers door - not acceptable for a new car let alone a show car.

Apsilon - I found your perfect weekend car >>>>>>> Arial Atom (I had a link of Jeremy Clarkson driving it, but cannot find it).

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
i beg to differ with the Terrioty/BA build quality

ive put on a whole bunch of cars for evaluation for our company fleet and have found the new Ford's to be quite competitive against the Mazda 6, Klugger, 380, Subaru Liberty/Forester, etc

i drove a BF 6speed last wednesday, and that is a good car for the money. The new auto is silken smooth, and the new interior is quite well done. Has it all over the other locals and alot of japs

the subaru interiors now look ok, the liberty has that ricer dream lcd speedo, but the quality is very poor, on a similar level to the koreans imo

the Honda Accord Euro is a great 4 door car, semi-sporty, perky engine......then theres the new MPS 6. Ill have one of these on Friday, Mazda's trying hard to win our contract :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Apsilon - I found your perfect weekend car >>>>>>> Arial Atom (I had a link of Jeremy Clarkson driving it, but cannot find it).
You read my mind, I'm actually waiting to have a look at one of these. They're supposed to be road legal here some time next year. My only concern is they're 1/4 mile times are a bit slow so hopefully they make up for it in handling and stopping. Either way I'm sure they'd be fun.

As for the BA Fords we've had constant diff and gearbox problems with the ones in our fleet. Don't know if the Territory have similar issues but I wouldn't risk them anyway.

I also disagree with the comment on the quality of the Subarus interiors. Yes they haven't been great in the past but my current Forester interior is far ahead of the quality that was in my Zed (not to mention the exterior paint is much tougher, no stone chips despite off road driving unlike the Nissan paint that chips if you look at it).

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
That too, but I like the way it resembles the Armada. Infiniti FX35 maybe?
I will opt for Murano anyday if it comes to SUV/4WD... and there is no FX35 (or any infinity models) here in Australia, else that will definitely be my first choice!!!!

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
i just really want some other people opinions...

im thinking of a bigger car, right now im thinking or a forester XT

im only 23 and since i cant afford 2 cars, or see the point right now, i may as well sell..

as much as i love looking at my zed, and driving it
i dont think its the right car anymore .. i have had my zed around 18 months, and its been good.
but i want something a bit bigger to carry some stuff, IE JET SKIS and people ...

so anyone want to give me some positve or negitive opinions... i would appriciate it

i havnt researched it lots just yet, im going to try do it toady, and test drive this week, i have only driven a 2003 forester and i liked it back then, so i dunno about auto or manual.... we'll see....
I just got a WRX and it is a very "FUN" car to drive and responds well to mods!! :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks guys

it will definatly be my daily car, thats why the forrester is on top of my list at the moment..

if i had a 4x4 or awd i would make the most of it, and use it when ever i can, but it will be my daily
i think the new pathfinder is really nice, but maybe a bit big, i will have a closer look thoug...
i have always thought of rav 4s as a girly car.. so i dunno

also if i were going to get a liberty or wrx, i may as well keep the zed, i did look at them before i bought the zed..

i mean something a little bigger then those too.. :p
also im not sure on the murano if i like it yet...

plus its a new car, i wouldnt buy the 1st model of a car

thanks again for the feedback..

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Guys

went for a spin in the following

Forrester
Murano
Kluger

the subaru was a piece of crap... so im glad i didnt go that way, was tiny and crampt and i hated it..

at the moment i am throwing ideas between the murano and kluger, both very differant, but nice

any pros or cons with either??
IE shitty nissan paint, and shitty nissan problems that there are with the 350z ?

the toyota is in front atm mainly because it is a toyota and the murano is a nissan....
i have never heard any bad things about toyota so??
ideas ?

will be taking them out for another spin on saturday to see if i can find more positives and negitives on each

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
I'm in the same shoes as you. However, I'm definately not selling the Z. Why? Because it will cost the same to sell as it would owning the Z plus a second car. Hear me out.

If you sell the Z, you will easily lose 4-5K from what you paid for it. You will then have no Z, and only one car that you will expect to get everything from, and most likely disappoint yourself. Not to mention having to add a few thousand towards the new car in mods, to just find out that you miss the Z.

If you keep the Z, you can spend 4-5K on ANOTHER car. Now you have two. Make sense?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I think the Murano is almost like X5 kinda class. but that's based on what the Top gear or "Mr. Clarkson" So have pointed out.

He reckon is very good car. As well he gave 5/5 mark and gave the Z a shitty 2/5 :(

Kluger is good but i don't really know. I think most people said the Toyota prado is the Best all round 4x4 that Toyota can Provide for Australia.

Cheers
Yun

·
Registered
258 Posts
do you definitely want 4wd/AWD ?? i had a few 4wd's before my Z and will never go back, but then again they were all Nissan Patrols so not exactly forester/liberty/ fast or nimble..
If your not specifically after a 4wd or wagon, but just something bigger, what about an XR6T or similar..

I upgraded my Z to a new Typhoon and love it, a lot faster, a lot more power and WAAAAAAAY more comfortable and quieter..

downsides - fuel economy is worse because hitting boost is so addictive but is easily manageable.. im paying maybe $30 more a week, but thats also with higher prices.. only other downside is bodyroll, which would be comparable to the liberty/forester im guessing, and a shitload less than a murano/kluger etc

1 - 20 of 25 Posts