Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... I really hate to say it, let alone do it, but I am thinking of selling my beloved Z. The Z is my second "nice" car since I got my job 5 years ago, and since I got this job I've constantly had a car payment of 450+ per month. It's time for me to knock that down a hundred bucks or more. I want to start saving for a house, or just be a little more "comfortable".

So... I was wondering if I could get some input from you guys.

Here are the specs...

2004 Base 6spd MT Pikes Peak White
Options:
  • Floor Mats
  • Splash Guards
  • Aluminum Kick Plates
  • Side Air Bags & Head Curtains
  • 100K Mile Warranty ($0 Deductable)
Here's the Garage

I'm just about ready to flip over 20K miles (yikes, **** 60 miles to work). Have the custom interior (Thanks Josh), nice stereo, and other misc items.

The KBB in Excellent Condition is about 24K for my area. Figure I could get hopefully at least that.

Now, should I try and sell the interior with it? To try and get a little extra? Say 750 or 1K or should I try and sell it on it's own?

Any thoughts or input, would be great!

Thanks guys.
Chris

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
KBB gives that much? That's great! Every now and then, I check it to see what my car is worth. Is that trade in or retail? I hate my car payments, too. I just can't imagine parting with her, though.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Go to nada.com too, just for a quote through them.

Are you going to sell or trade-in?

·
Registered
853 Posts
You gunna still be around bro?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Barzten1@Jul 28 2005, 04:32 PM
You gunna still be around bro?
[snapback]138773[/snapback]​

For sure... gotta keep tabs on the future Mrs. Dataspike. :OMG:

But for the most part, I've made some friends here, and I'll be here daily.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Data,
I had to make that hard decision about 3 months ago. The first 4-6 weeks without the Z are pure ****. I almost bought another one. In the long run, it's only a car (please don't ban me for that comment). Most people live their entire lives without even driving a car like this once. We had the privilage of driving one every day. There's always memories, man. Trust me, the house is the right way to go.

And if the ebay gods are good to me, I'll be posting some pics of the new ride on Sunday... Not a 350, but still in the family. I decided to go old school.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
i sold my car a month or two ago. i don't think i missed it a few days after. yeah...it's was fun to drive...and when it's a really hot day out...it was fun to take it for a nice FAST ride on the highway. but, it never crossed my mind.

i agree with the comment fleshrot said "it's only a car".

DaTaSPiKe - good luck with the sale (if you choose to sell it)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts