Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Z06 that is!!! I have been thinking about it for a while now. It have only had my car for around 9 months now, but I am thinking I might either sell it, or trade it in on a 02-04 corvette z06, or possibly just a C5 Coupe. I have wanted one for a while now, but never was serious about it until now. A friend of mine just traded in his 04 Cobra for a new C6...what an incredible car. I can't afford a C6, but I have been out test driving a few C5's. For around the same price as a new 350z track or touring model, you can purchase a 2002 or up Vette with under 15,000 miles. I have narrow my choiced down to a couple vettes....just have to decide if I really want to sell the Z!!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just out of curiosity..and because I dont know if I really can afford the Z06 I am looking at...how many people would take a C5 Coupe a 350z???

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
the c5 is faster no doubt.. but i love the z's looks so much more..

i would however buy the new C6 Z06.. but thats a totally new price range and for that much money i can have a viper-killer 350z.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Can I have both? I want it all!!! Yes, Vettes are nice. I saw one today on the freeway. It caught my eye immediately (red) and it just looked so **** sexy.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
For the Z06, I'd do it. No questions asked. For the C5...I'd think about it. The Z is much sexier than the Vette, but if you have the money to mod the vette, get it without a question.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I looked at the Z06, but I couldn't get over how cheap the interior looked and felt. Don't get me wrong it sounded and drove like a beast, but the fit and finish wasn't there. It was like driving a giant Bicep.

The new vettes are incredible, but like you said a whole different price range.

·
Registered
543 Posts
C5 Z06? Yeah I think I would do it if it had low low miles.

My insurance would probably kill me though.

C6 Z06? In a heartbeat. Cant afford half of one though hehe.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
[/quote]
Buddy, that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard anyone say. You will be :banned: and I'm taking away your Elite Member title

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
[/quote]
Buddy, that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard anyone say. You will be :banned: and I'm taking away your Elite Member title
<div align="right">[snapback]94862[/snapback]
[/quote]

Just a personal preference DiRN... :fish:

Not everybody can like the same thing. :goodtimes:

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN@Apr 20 2005, 12:07 PM
Silly boy.  I supposed you also prefer to think 4 is greater than 5

Yup! :OMG: :nana:

:cheers:

*Off Topic* Speaking of 4...how does that possition on the Top 10 Posters list feel :nana: :nana:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Just promise me that if you get the C5 (ZO6 or coupe) you will install the fixed headlights (ala ALMS Corvette Racing style). The pop-up headlights are the one thing I HATE about the C5. Everything else I love (oh, also hate the Chevy name, but I cannot change that).

Fixed headlight kits can be purchased from Spectrewerkes:

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
[/quote]
Haha. Wouldn't it be kinda funny if I turned off the post count for the PW Thread and recalculated posts? I think that would leave you with your favorite number of posts, 4, and me back on top

Let's compare some stats :biggrin:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by peptidbond@Apr 20 2005, 01:38 PM
Just promise me that if you get the C5 (ZO6 or coupe) you will install the fixed headlights (ala ALMS Corvette Racing style). The pop-up headlights are the one thing I HATE about the C5. Everything else I love (oh, also hate the Chevy name, but I cannot change that).

I agree about the headlights. I have never appreciated the popup lights. It just kills the aerodynamic lines of the Vette. That's why I like the new ones so much. They finally got smart. :thumsbup:

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Personally, I prefer the looks of the popup lights on the C5 to the lights on the C6. It's been a while since Vettes haven't had popup lights and it's gonna take some getting used to for me. I especially don't like those headlights above as they absolutely kill the lines of the car

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I think you also have to consider the fact that a Z06 would not have been driven nicely for those 15K miles. Not sure if you bought your 350Z new, but you have to ask yourself why someone would by a car such as the Z06, keep it for 15K miles and then get rid of it.

I would also wonder what was done to that car for that length of time.

Besides all of that, if you can afford it, I would pick a Z06. I'm sure that you can find that car very sexy as well after driving it once.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Fit & finish are issues...everyone complains about the cheezy interior...& has for years!

But...I really liked the C5's, esp Z06 & I think the C6's are t!ts.

C6Z06 is my dream....What else in the price range matches it?...

I would keep my Z33 as a 'commuter', tho, 'cause it's sweet....& I don't think anything in the Z's price range comes close. The Z is the right mix of things I want in a car...looks, fit, finish, reliability, performance & handling.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
go for it man... I was thinking about getting one also , and will get it after the winter...
look around , you could get a nice Z06 with low mileage for under $35K..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts