Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my new 2006 Enthusiast Coupe, but it seems like the things I want to do to it that were easier on previous years may not be so easy to do anymore. I can't find very much FAQ out there yet for the 2006s, probably because they are too new, but here are some of the mods that I want to do right away but am unsure of:

Stock Radio---I want to add an Aux input to the stock radio to hook up an Ipod; This was done easily on previous years using a cable like AUXINSS, is there something out there that will work for sure on a 2006 stock radio (non-bose)?

Billet Grille--2006 has a new front grille. I want to get a billet grille. On previous years, I think it was an easy bolt-over existing grille, but on 06, the only one I see on courtesyparts.com, says it requires cutting the existing grille. Anyone know what is involved in putting in a billet Grille on 06?

So far these are the first two mods I would like to do. Hopefully I can do them!

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
did something change on the 2006 radio? I dont think the front grille is that much different that you cant use previous billet grilles

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
"PLEASE NOTE: Cutting of your existing grille is required to install this item.
You will not be able to use the Nissan Nose Mask with this grille. "

more of a hassle....

if you wanna do it, start cutting!

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
it says the same thing for 2003-05 models.. its just that grille.. there are other ones that dont require cutting

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
what about CAI?
Plenums?
and so....

they should be the same right? all bolt ons

I believe the plenum is different. It is the same as the anny edition.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I believe the plenum is different. It is the same as the anny edition.
i remember when i had my CAI installed , the guy i purchased the item from said that 03 CAI for the Z are different than the 05's

hmmm, not sure....

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
did something change on the 2006 radio? I dont think the front grille is that much different that you cant use previous billet grilles

"PLEASE NOTE: Cutting of your existing grille is required to install this item.
You will not be able to use the Nissan Nose Mask with this grille. "

more of a hassle....

if you wanna do it, start cutting!

There are other grilles that you can install w/o cutting the stock one out. It is just that particular grille, and I am sure you can use that one w/o cutting the oem one out, just a little improvisions.....

here are more grilles, T-Rex brand:

Attachments

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Any links to the grilles that won't require cutting and will fit on 06? Thanks!
link link2

even if they say you have to cut, you may not have to. A lot of these grilles are simply installed w/ nothing but zip ties holding them on....the difference btwn the 03-05 and the 06's is the # of horizontal bars in the grilles, and that is all I believe. w/ some improvision you should be able to make really any of them work :dunno:

·
Registered
56 Posts
okay i've got the billet grill and i dont really like how it sticks out so much. i took it off and it looks like the stock one except its got this big gap in the top center where i guess the license plate is supposed to cover. i want to try and push my grill back a little so it looks like this

right now, mine looks like this

i have these pieces but the silver things are a little shorter (maybe thats why its sticking out so far)

do you guys think its possible or would i need to cut it and somehow remove the original grill?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hey deviljon how did you install your grille? did you have to cut the stock grille or does it just go over the existing, and where do those brackets go?

·
Registered
56 Posts
i bought my car with it, its connected by some hooks and screws that connect to the original grill. all it is is 4 screws and hooks. for some reason, my original grill looks a little funny, i can show you a picture of the parts and what my original grill looks like,

and here's the parts:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I wonder what is involved in cutting up the stock 06 grille? I e-mailed some guy online that sells the 8 bar grille and he said the stock grille needs to be cut out. It will probably give it more of the set-in look and won't stick out so far

I also inquired about the T-Rex grille. There's a pic here: http://www.trexbillet.com/index.php?sku=92...=101&dealer=no; It clips on to the existing grille, I think it's ugly seeing the stock grille underneath...plus I don't like too many bars.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts