Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once the Z electronics got acclimated to the temps outside and the reading dropped to 37F, the display popped up the word 'Icy' to let me know it was cold outside.

At least the Z was freshly showered for my Monday commute, sans the gas cap cover. Man, I hope the body shop finishes the chin spoiler and gives it to me today!

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
You know, I had forgotten all about that stupid ICY warning until you brought it up Smooth. Yeah, the Z is set to display that at 37. It's annoying as all ****, especially since it's not icy most of the time it says it (at least here)

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Haven't seen that in awhile. It's sad - the warm driving days will soon be over around here

·
Registered
148 Posts
Smooth....I haven't had it out up here in the cold yet....that is funny....what if we take the Z's out when it is -20 up here....the display will read "Are you smoking rock?, get me back inside!" ;)

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's good. I don't remember how low that display can go. I bought the Z this past March but didn't drive it much. I plan on pulling it out of the garage when it's cold and dry out this winter and letting it idle. Should be soooo fun to watch the temp display drop to -30!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Man I'm glad I live in the south. It'll still get cold here, but I think 17 is the coldest it got last winter. Is it down to 37 already up there?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep. Frost advisories are out, plants are coming in, and we have to start winterizing our lawns. The coldest cities in Minnesota, historically, are International Falls (aka Frostbite Falls) and Embarrass (for real). I've seen vids of boiling water being thrown into the air on the coldest days - it freezes in mid air.

As for my personal experience, my coldest day outside including the wind chill was about -70. Your nose hairs freeze, your eyes sting, and any exposed skin turns bitterly red after a few seconds. I now appreciate Mother Nature and her warm days even more. No big deal, though. It's just a cold front. Should warm up into the 70's again by Wednesday.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BTW, Dirn. This cold snap is coming your way in a couple of days, so keep watching that display of yours and tell us what it reads in the morning.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
**** I wish. We are in the upper 80's with 85% humidity today

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
OMG I forgot how much I hate that ICY light. It's almost as bad as "slip slip slip" but w/ my Toyos I have not seen that one in a long time. We will have to see how the Blizzaks fare in the winter. It's coming. It was down under 48 degrees last night. Hate waking up to see this:

or worse

We have been looking for a nice winter car for me tho....maybe the '05 [blank]....nah I'll keep you guessing till we make it final. In the next few months there may be a very nice addition to our "stable" of cars....

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
"Stable" huh...

winter ride...

must be a lambo!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
So wait there is a light that comes on in the Z that says icy?

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
On the bottom of the trip computer display it says ICY. The most annoying part is that the display defaults to temp when that happens, and you need to click once to get to whatever you left it on, kinda like when DTE flashes

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
once it got stuck at the same temp and icy for half a day, even after it warmed up outside

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by NismoKid@Oct 4 2004, 03:22 PM
I've never seen that Icy warning...

Could be b/c you live in florida

1 - 20 of 71 Posts