Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your maps here.

NOTE: Use these maps at your own risk. These should only be used as starting points for tuning. Do not assume these maps are safe to upload to your Z and just drive. There is inherent dangers associated with trading maps.

Assuming you are smart enough to realize the risks, this thread is here for educational purposes.

Intake + Exhaust: [attachmentid=14977]

Intake + Exhaust + Test Pipes: [attachmentid=14978]

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Awesome MAP. I'm very happy with it, Notices the gains immediately. I didn't think I was able to handle the process, but I had a lot of time to read the manual and it worked fine...db Thanks Killa.....db

·
Registered
186 Posts
OK, first of all how much did you guys pay for this and where did you get it. Can you explain some more how it works.
From my understanding, I can tune my car when ever I want, even w/o a dyno. How hard is the program to use. It sounds like I can have my laptop hookup and while driving my car get a better understanding of what the car is doing and tune it how I want. I have an 03 touring 6sd, will I be able to raise the rev limiter. What now the car is bone stock, I have no idea what to start doing first, I would like to be N/A. Maybe someone can list mods in order for me to get a better understanding what I should do first. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
68 Posts
OK, first of all how much did you guys pay for this and where did you get it. Can you explain some more how it works.
From my understanding, I can tune my car when ever I want, even w/o a dyno. How hard is the program to use. It sounds like I can have my laptop hookup and while driving my car get a better understanding of what the car is doing and tune it how I want. I have an 03 touring 6sd, will I be able to raise the rev limiter. What now the car is bone stock, I have no idea what to start doing first, I would like to be N/A. Maybe someone can list mods in order for me to get a better understanding what I should do first. Thanks guys.
Ok, I'll try to answer. Its cost about $900. Yes you can tune it when ever you want, but having a Dyno would be best. The program is not hard to use, just read the instructions a few times and read all the threads on the subject. Yes you can have you laptop while driving and see whats going on. Yes you can raise you Rev Limiter. As for your mods, I would get an intake (Pop Charger) and exhast first, then install the UTEC. While you are waiting for you mods start learning about the UTEC. Go to www.turboxs.com and download the manual. That way can can get a head start.

Like I said before a Dyno would be best, but I wanted to give it a shot myself amd with the help of Toykilla it cam out pretty good.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
great thread! if we ever get to have jermaine come over and install his UTECs onto our cars and map them (NA stock, NA modded and SC Vortech ones) we'll try and share our maps too!

·
Registered
588 Posts
For those individuals who are uploading these maps for use. I STRONGLY recommend you invest in a wideband to monitor AIR/FUEL ratio. The Tuner Reg or Tuner Reg Pro has one. As we begin to share maps, we must be sure that the map we are using is legitimate.

The maps that Josh posted are legitimate. I paid about $600 for a local tuner to create 4 maps including the two Josh posted.

I'm willing to "eat" that cost in the interest of sharing. I HIGHLY recommend that everyone spend time reading the UTEC Users Manual. It's very informative if you take some time to read it.

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For those individuals who are uploading these maps for use. I STRONGLY recommend you invest in a wideband to monitor AIR/FUEL ratio. The Tuner Reg or Tuner Reg Pro has one. As we begin to share maps, we must be sure that the map we are using is legitimate.

The maps that Josh posted are legitimate. I paid about $600 for a local tuner to create 4 maps including the two Josh posted.

I'm willing to "eat" that cost in total in the interest of sharing. I HIGHLY recommend that everyone spend time reading the UTEC Users Manual. It's very informative if you take some time to read it.
+1

Be careful guys. Monitor your engine.

·
Registered
68 Posts

I'm willing to "eat" that cost in total in the interest of sharing. I HIGHLY recommend that everyone spend time reading the UTEC Users Manual. It's very informative if you take some time to read it.
Bobby, I want to thank you for your generosity. You are right about the manual, and that what I did prior to installing it. I will check out the wideband.....db

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
any maps for a drop in K&N, headers, plenum spacer, y-pipe combo LOL!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Post your maps here.

NOTE: Use these maps at your own risk. These should only be used as starting points for tuning. Do not assume these maps are safe to upload to your Z and just drive. There is inherent dangers associated with trading maps.

Assuming you are smart enough to realize the risks, this thread is here for educational purposes.
Intake + Exhaust: [attachmentid=14977]

Intake + Exhaust + Test Pipes: [attachmentid=14978]
Great thread, very very good idea! Can you explain to me how to read those values though? I'm not familier with the UTEC but I'm tuning my VQ on another engine system and would love to be able to use this info to give me a head start.

Is there an online manual explaining the UTEC's map values, I don't see any reference to RPM or pressure, etc.

Thanks,
allen

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great thread, very very good idea! Can you explain to me how to read those values though? I'm not familier with the UTEC but I'm tuning my VQ on another engine system and would love to be able to use this info to give me a head start.

Is there an online manual explaining the UTEC's map values, I don't see any reference to RPM or pressure, etc.

Thanks,
allen
Thanks, that clears things up a bit! But, how come in your maps for example there isn't any values for the first 8 RPM rows or the last 3?

Also, it seems strange that the max timing advance never goes above 28.5 degrees, seems a little conservative for a max advance on this motor. Maybe I'm missing something.

Fred

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks, that clears things up a bit! But, how come in your maps for example there isn't any values for the first 8 RPM rows or the last 3?

Also, it seems strange that the max timing advance never goes above 28.5 degrees, seems a little conservative for a max advance on this motor. Maybe I'm missing something.

Fred
I dont know.. you will have to ask someone that tunes these. I am just starting to learn that aspect of this car.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I dont know.. you will have to ask someone that tunes these. I am just starting to learn that aspect of this car.

It's my understanding that UTEC allows the stock ECU to handle things under 60% throttle. Also, UTEC goes to 9,000 or so RPM. I'm at the beach in NC, so I can't check it. That's the reasoning for the last few rows being unchanged.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I don't suppose I have snowballs chance in **** of finding a map somebody has for this setup...

Nismo exhaust and CAI
Kinetix SSV intake

If so, please PM me!

Thank you in advance.

Dean

1 - 20 of 72 Posts