Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I get asked the same questions about Bose almost once a week. This thread is meant to slow down the emails and PMs I get about this stupid hardware.

If you want to keep your Bose Headunit and replace the amp and speakers, you need this:
http://www.pac-audio.com/oem1kits/aoemresu...for+AOEM-1+kits

If you want to change you Bose headunit and keep your stock amp and speakers, you need this:
http://www.pac-audio.com/oem1kits/roemresu...for+ROEM-1+kits

You cannot change your speakers and keep the stock amp.

You cannot change the stock amp and keep the stock speakers.

You cannot change the headunit without the above adaptor.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Toykilla. I am alittle confused. A friend on mine just installed Infinity Kappas as a straight swap to the Bose speakers and had no issues.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes, it was a straight swap for the Bose speakers. The difference in sound quality is amazing.

The guy who installed them for me has been in the stereo business for many years. He said he knew the Infinity's would sound better than the Bose that were in there, but after installation was complete he said he was blown away by the difference.

He will be installing the same speakers in his G35 soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any new information on these speakers? I saw the post and am interested. Checked the infinity wed site and found these to be 2ohm speakers so that may be why they work. Any other information you have would be helpful.

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any new information on these speakers? I saw the post and am interested. Checked the infinity wed site and found these to be 2ohm speakers so that may be why they work. Any other information you have would be helpful.
good find! I didnt know those were 2ohm speakers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is supposed to be the "End all Bose audio thread", so I hope I am asking this in the right place. I have an 04 Touring withe the Bose system, 6 CD in dash... etc, Could someone please explain to me what the "Audiopilot" function is, what it does... I only know that when I press the Audio button, to adjust things like bass and treble, there is also an option to turn "AudioP" on or off... I tried looking in the manual and it mentions "Audiopilot" a few times but has no explanation of what it does... any feedback is much appreciated, Thanks!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Infinity Kappa 60.7cs (front) and 62.7i (rear).

The guy who installed them for me is almost finished writing a DIY. It will be posted on ZChickz when it's complete.

Looking at the Kappa 60..7cs crutchfield.com shows that they dont fit the 350Z. since you say that it was installed did where did you put the crossover?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Hey I had a question for all of you!!!!

With you're bose setup and infinity speakers swap!

Did you all keep the stock 10 inch sub??????

I wonder if there is a bose upgrade to a better sub than stock since everything else doesnt sound good from what i have read

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is supposed to be the "End all Bose audio thread", so I hope I am asking this in the right place. I have an 04 Touring withe the Bose system, 6 CD in dash... etc, Could someone please explain to me what the "Audiopilot" function is, what it does... I only know that when I press the Audio button, to adjust things like bass and treble, there is also an option to turn "AudioP" on or off... I tried looking in the manual and it mentions "Audiopilot" a few times but has no explanation of what it does... any feedback is much appreciated, Thanks!

·
4,328 Posts
What Bose claims the AudioPilot™ system does:

"This U.S. patented system represents a new standard in noise compensation, allowing everyone in the car to enjoy all the music all the time – with no need to make adjustments.

A microphone inside the vehicle constantly monitors the overall sound level inside the car, including both music and unwanted noise. Bose digital electronics then separate music from the noise, continuously modifying the music signal. So you hear the full musical performance – loud and soft passages – can be heard. As a result, listeners can enjoy the entire musical performance while perceiving no change in the overall volume of the audio system – even as noise levels change within the car. Listeners can now hear all of their music, as Bose AudioPilot makes the combined experience of driving and listening a true pleasure
."

What this should have read:

"This U.S. patented system represents an unneeded level of technology that has been added to an already mediocre sound system.

A microphone inside the vehicle will constantly hear non-existent sounds, which will cause unexpected volume changes and muffled sound quality. Eventually this complex feedback system will fail to function entirely. Thus giving you the opportunity to enjoy the complementary fresh brewed coffee at your local Nissan Service Department. The Bose system with the AudioPilot feature will produce sound quality you never thought was possible from a “premium” car audio system
."

For more information:
http://www.bose.co.uk/product/auto/audio_pilot_tech.asp

Regards,
-Ronin Z

·
Registered
20 Posts
haha, thanks I get it now, I think I'll just leave it Off until I finally get around to gettin a dashkit and putting my clarion in...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok, I get asked the same questions about Bose almost once a week. This thread is meant to slow down the emails and PMs I get about this stupid hardware.

If you want to keep your Bose Headunit and replace the amp and speakers, you need this:
http://www.pac-audio.com/oem1kits/aoemresu...for+AOEM-1+kits

If you want to change you Bose headunit and keep your stock amp and speakers, you need this:
http://www.pac-audio.com/oem1kits/roemresu...for+ROEM-1+kits

You cannot change the stock amp and keep the stock speakers.

You cannot change the headunit without the above adaptor.
I installed my double din head unit with no wiring harness at all. just used t-taps and male connectors and i have the bose with the six disk changer. dont think you really need the oem-1

·
Registered
65 Posts
Infinity Kappa 60.7cs (front) and 62.7i (rear).

The guy who installed them for me is almost finished writing a DIY. It will be posted on ZChickz when it's complete.
I know you posted this a couple months ago, but did you ever get the "how to" document up? I looked all over the ZChickz and couldn't find it. Nice site BTW.

Thanks,

-LamaZ

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just purchased my 2003 Touring Z on 1/29/06. I called today to switch all of the information with Nissan over into my name and they told me about the Bose amp recall. I couldn't figure out why the radio sounded so horrible and had way too much bass but now I know why. It sounded like crap on the radio but fine on CD for the most part. I wonder if they will use the same replacement clarion amp since it's been so long since they posted the TSB. It says it only effects vehicles built before September 27th, 2002 so it's way old. Anyway, here is the TSB if it applies to anyone else that buys a used 2003 Z.

http://www.350zmotoring.com/pdf/Bose_TSB.pdf

Oh, and on the wiki for the 2003 Touring model it says that it has illuminated steering wheel audio controls. Mine doesn't so I added (not on 2003 model) unless I got hosed on my purchase somehow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too read all the threads on other forums about where you could not switch out only the speakers on the bose system. All I did was to replace my front and rear speakers with 2 sets of Kicker speakers 6.5" 2-ways (model # ks 65) that at the time, December of '05, were being closed out for $59 a pair by Crutchfield. I also had a Pioneer free-air 12 inch sub that I replaced the Bose sub with. It's an improvement over stock, maybe not audiophile quality but it works for me. I also replaced the interior mic with the radio shack resistor which to me didn't make much of a difference.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts