Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, just a quick question and then I'll be on my way...

I'm actually asking on behalf of my father [who loves his Z more than he loves me ... I'm sure you know how that goes].

Is there any way to open the Z's trunk without using the remote? He finds that he has to take the keys out of the ignition to point the remote at the rear of the car just to open the trunk ... there has to be an easier way right?

Thanks a bunch!

Tical-0

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
[/quote]

right above the license place....under the lip....there is a button. press the button and you can pop the trunk without using the remote. :)

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Its a hidden button just as djkern said. And you would be amazed at how many people do not know about it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Also, if you ever get locked "in" the trunk, there's an emergency pull thingy in there....Dave

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
<best Nelson Muntz voice> Ha, Ha!!! I figured it out the first day.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Man I'm not a freak about reading the manual or anything like that, but I still found my button ASAP. I figured it had to be there somewhere.

·
Registered
37 Posts
hi

here in South Africa we have the European Spec 350z, which only has 2 buttons on the key - open & lock - nothing for the trunk. we have to press the button on the hatch to open it.

question - when you press the button does the hatch open all the way up? or does it only pop the lock, needing you to lift it up?

BTW, our z's come with stock rear spoiler - i've read that with spoilers, it does not open up all the way. however, what about the stock spoiler?

thanx

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
[/quote]
Mine will not release all the way up, but I have an aftermarket spoiler. Even before I added the spoiler I don't think the deck went all the way up without manual assistance.

There is a 1.5 pound counterweight inside the inner hatch cover...removing that may help the deck raise on it's own.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts