Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, you heard it. Hot news and first to report it! :angry:

It amazes me that one can be a convicted felon, known drug user, wife beater, gang banger and still get to play football and be paid for it. I think the NFL forgot that in this country, it's innocent until proven guilty.

While I don't know what's going on with the current scandal, I do know that the punishment doesn't fit.

After last year's disappointing Superbowl and a clearly favored team that got some help from the refs, I pretty much decided that I'm not as interested anymore. It used to be fun to watch, but the panzies in the office are all about drama and making money.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
american football FTL

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
Somewhat surprised to see your take on it Terri. I have a feeling the Rooney family might have played a part in the decision though - they run a pretty clean shop and had no problem getting rid of a former SB MVP for what, a 5th round draft pick? I think it MAY have been a bit harsh but agree, the boy better learn to keep it zipped it. Off the field his decisions have been less than stellar. :help:

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I have always thought that it was absolute crap. It's a bunch of sweaty fat dudes in spandex groping each other. Pretty homoerotic if you ask me.

More importantly, it is disgusting to me that these rapists, murders, gang bangers, drug dealers, and animal abusers are the role models for the young kids in this country.

Finally, the NFL is football's equivalent of the WWE.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, you think the punishment is too easy or too harsh? I assume you are speaking of Ben...while he does need to grow up, and keep it in his pants, he was not charged nor convicted of any crime, but he clearly DID violate the NFL's code of conduct...
I think it's too harsh based on precedence.

As far as I'm concerned, about 95% of the NFL including the refs and coaches violate the rules of conduct.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts