Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

61 - 80 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
I'm listening to the album Imago, by The Butterfly Effect.

I wouldn't call them hard rock, but they're not as soft as what gets played on most mainstream charts.

Imago is actually a bit softer than their last album, which unfortunately there are no samples of.

·
Premium Member
3,584 Posts
Rage against the machine,Smashing Pumkins, The Stones,The Who,AC/DC,after viewing the previous threads,I'll have to check them out.Some look very interesting,especially the ones that induce the desire to go out and kill.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Smashing Pumpkins is more maudlin than angry. If you like that kind of music, check out Placebo.

Rage Against the Machine is great for getting fired up and angry. But I prefer listening to Linkin Park or Eminem for that kind of thing.

·
Premium Member
3,368 Posts
Here are a few of my favorites in no particular order

Bowling for Soup - Used to watch them live in Dallas
Powerman 5000
Gin Blossoms
Five for Fighting
Hank Williams Jr. - a little country is good every now and then
Jonny Lang - I guess you could call him Stevie Ray Vaughn Jr
Kenny Wayne Sheppard - Gotta have my blues
Stevie Ray Vaughn - The true Blues Master
All American Rejects
BuckCherry - One of my new favorites
Finger Eleven
Fuel
Green Day

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Dave, if you don't have the last album, I'll burn you a copy. It's worth it, trust me.
I appreciate the thought. It's been a long time since I actually bought a cd. :rolf2:

·
Registered
627 Posts
The new album from The Killers was released yesterday. Picked up my copy. :irock:

The Killers - Click play in the upper left hand corner of the page to listen to the newest release.
Loved the first. Watched a "leak" of them playing the new stuff live. I am not nearly as impressed as the first album. I think I had high hopes for this album, but it started to go downhill when I was at the concert and Brandon Flowers (I think that is the singers name) says something that goes like this:

"Thank you, our next song is gonna be something new"

crowd cheers, but not as loudly as he apparantly thought they should have so he says in a snotty "rock star" tone

"Or we could just play Mr. Brightside and leave"

:rolleyes:

Sorry Mr. "I have ONE album out that does well and now I expect everyone to go apeshit the moment I mention new material that they've never heard that I expect them to like because 'We're the Killers'" Get over yourself, dude.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Loved the first. Watched a "leak" of them playing the new stuff live. I am not nearly as impressed as the first album. I think I had high hopes for this album, but it started to go downhill when I was at the concert and Brandon Flowers (I think that is the singers name) says something that goes like this:

"Thank you, our next song is gonna be something new"

crowd cheers, but not as loudly as he apparantly thought they should have so he says in a snotty "rock star" tone

"Or we could just play Mr. Brightside and leave"

:rolleyes:

Sorry Mr. "I have ONE album out that does well and now I expect everyone to go apeshit the moment I mention new material that they've never heard that I expect them to like because 'We're the Killers'" Get over yourself, dude.
I'll admit I hate that type of attitude. Forgive me if I paint with a broad brush, It's sad to say it's probably the standard ego of all "rock stars".

I wish they'd realize they were fans at one time or another.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I'll admit I hate that type of attitude. Forgive me if I paint with a broad brush, It's sad to say it's probably the standard ego of all "rock stars".

I wish they'd realize they were fans at one time or another.
Kinda fits in as a perfect yin to Kurt Cobain's yang. He didn't like the fame. Brandon Flowers needs it. Maybe Courtney Love should marry Brandon (and then he can end up dead) lol....

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Kinda fits in as a perfect yin to Kurt Cobain's yang. He didn't like the fame. Brandon Flowers needs it. Maybe Courtney Love should marry Brandon (and then he can end up dead) lol....
I wouldn't be suprised if she did marry another "star". She craves the fame like no one I've ever seen. Maybe it's because instead of a "has-been", she is a "never-was".

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
I've read some pretty bad reviews of the new Killers album. I like the single more than their previous work...but I've heard it is the stand alone gem from the entire album.

On Tuesday a new album by "The Decemberists" came out called Crane Wife. It might not be many peoples cup of tea, but for anyone interested, it comes with my recommendation. They are a kind of "folky" band. The lyrics are very "story-teller-ish" On this album they got a lot more "rock" with a few songs that actually have hints of things like Pink Floyd and Led Zepplin.

·
Registered
624 Posts
new JET out yesterday...album titled "shine on"

not bad-different, i'll say.

new KILLERS was disappointing. i didn't like the whole 'rock opera' mode they had in this album.

·
Registered
627 Posts
NIN and Manson are both working on new albums...
The new evanescence is definately a sophomore type album to me......

And yeah, this rock-opera from the Killers is definately a window into Flower's (inflated) ego. Too bad, too.....rock stars are usually disappointing when they are successful.

Perfect example:

After Dave Williams died, and Drowning Pool had to find a new singer, they played in little towns to smaller audiences, despite all the success they enjoyed with Dave (mostly because of label problems and whatnot), but when they came to my area (Illinois), I got to drink with them after the show. Did shots, had some drinks, and just hung out. They are some of the most down-to-earth people I've met considering past successes.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the new Evanescence album either. I get the feeling it may grow on me.

I bought Lucia Cifarelli's album recently (she's the female vocalist from KMFDM) - its not what I expected. I was hoping for KMFDM-esque, I got angry girl music. If you've ever heard Joydrop or Curve, that's what it sounds like.

For those into rock, as I said check out The Butterfly Effect. They're one of my favourite bands at the moment.

If people want, I may be persuaded to upload a few choice tracks (in passable quality) so people can have a listen, since HMV / Amazon / etc don't have it available for streaming. The site has one or two songs.

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Smashing Pumpkins is also back in the studio.. I think everyone is holding their breath. Everyone wants to remember them as a great band, if their new album doesn't live up to the name that could spell disaster.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
The last SP album I bought was Adore.

After Mellon Collie and Siamese Dream, Adore was disappointing. I know there was one afterwards, but I think the fact that I don't remember its name is comment enough.

61 - 80 of 375 Posts