Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

41 - 60 of 375 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
DJ buzzard

I listen to quite a bit a different things, this is what is on the playlist today.

Joshua Radin - We were here (this stuff could put you in a coma, be careful while driving)
Hoobastank - Every Man for Himself (Tracks 4 & 5 are my favorites so far, definite hook)
Jack Johnson - In Between Dreams
Nickelback - All The Right Reasons
Offspring, The - Splinter

Chris
Can't stand Nickelback. So un-original. All their songs sound the same.

·
Registered
481 Posts
[attachmentid=15884]

Authority Zero - Andiamo

I was looking at a playstation 3 preview video on You Tube and the song playing, after I researched online, was Revolutiion by Authority Zero. I liked the song so much I downloaded the rest of the album. Man am I plesantly supprised. I primarily listen to metal but I like, appreciate and enjoy listening to a wide range of punk --> ska. As far as punk bands go these guys are very original. Most punk albums I am bored halfway through the CD, the music is good but their isn't much variation. This album has so many different sounds, riffs and grooves. I love it.

Best I can compare it to . . . . Offspring + Rancid influenced by Sublime with a splash of Dick Dale. Sounds wierd but it works. Download it! :irock:

Attachments

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
[attachmentid=15884]

Authority Zero - Andiamo

I was looking at a playstation 3 preview video on You Tube and the song playing, after I researched online, was Revolutiion by Authority Zero. I liked the song so much I downloaded the rest of the album. Man am I plesantly supprised. I primarily listen to metal but I like, appreciate and enjoy listening to a wide range of punk --> ska. As far as punk bands go these guys are very original. Most punk albums I am bored halfway through the CD, the music is good but their isn't much variation. This album has so many different sounds, riffs and grooves. I love it.

Best I can compare it to . . . . Offspring + Rancid influenced by Sublime with a splash of Dick Dale. Sounds wierd but it works. Download it! :irock:
cool. thanks for the idea.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
An oldie but a goodie is Queensryche's Operation Mindcrime. I haven't really listened to that album since the early 90s, so it will be like listening to a new music again.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Bad Religion is one of the best bands ever - that goes without saying. The singer, Greg Graffin, has a solo project. The first album "American lesion" was mostly piano and acoustic stuff (original as well as Bad Relgion covers). The new album "Cold as the Clay" is not out yet, but i got a "leak". Very good music. Classic American grass-roots style music.

Pick up both of these if you want something different.
Josh,
What album would you recommend I download if I wanted to get into Bad Religion? I looked on Amazon and they have a shitload of albums. I would hate to download an off album and base them off of that.

:cheers:

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you want to find new bands go to (www.pandora.com) where you can make your own stations by using a song or artist. I, much like Ninja350, I used Muse as one of my stations, they play songs that sound similar to that band or song. Finch is one of my stations and when they played a band similar to Finch and this was their reasoning..."hard rock roots, punk influences, electric guitar wall-o-sound, reptitive melodic phrasing and mixed acoustic and electric instrumentation"!!!

They don't play any mainstream stuff. It's a sweet ass way of discovering bands that you've never heard of.

I think you have to give them your email address to sign up, but I've never gotten an email from them.

But to contribute to the thread - I'm listening to Muse and Finch right now

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm not willing to read this thread to see if this is a repeat, but

Breaking Benjamin - Diary of Jane

Is excellent. It makes me want to kill everything

·
Registered
481 Posts
If Breaking Benjamin makes you want to kill everything.

STAY AWAY FROM THE HATEBREED!

:wink:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I'm not willing to read this thread to see if this is a repeat, but

Breaking Benjamin - Diary of Jane

Is excellent. It makes me want to kill everything

The whole new album "Phobia" is awesome, been stuck on it lately

41 - 60 of 375 Posts