Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
All I can say is, "ABOUT GODDMAN TIME!" The traditional tire has needed improvements for the longest time, and the only logical path is to something that's not the traditional tire. These synthetics should be really easy to manufacture and therefor inexpensive to make. Now, how much they will cost to buy is another story, but I could see them being considerable cheaper than rubber tires. However, they probably won't be for at least 5 - 10 years after they start mass production.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
About freakin time.

Did anyone see where it said they could be made in different colors? I'll take some to match my car please :) Black.

"That’s not what Steinke and Vannan say. They say in a year — two at most — the rubber tire industry, as it has functioned for a century, will come to a stop, with its replacement ready to roll."

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I think that might be a little optimistic. I see those tires being expensive at first and becoming affordable over 5 yrs or so.

I really can't imagine colored wheels looking that good. It's kinda ricey.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Kinda? Haha...they already have sprays that do it for you. It gives it that chamelion effect where it does it in the light. Works like tire shine.

·
Registered
598 Posts
if they were smart, they would just sell them at a comparable price and clean up. people would buy them like "hotcakes" and if they pass all the safty tests and meet or exceed standards then there is no reason that a tire company wouldnt pick up the ball and run. imo
mdzowner

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Hopefully these will not only be better for the environment, but will last a whole lot longer too.

I'd like to see tires that I only have to replace at 50,000 miles or so...but that's just wishful thinking :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
That sounds pretty cool to me. :clap:

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Interesting to say the least. I wonder how much money Firestone or Goodyear would give them for the idea.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Let me be the first to stand in line for these tires. I'm all about doing my part for the little man and saving a few trees on this earth.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
need to see them on 19" Volks, perhaps Gunmetal 19" Volks

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Dec 30 2004, 01:26 PM
Let me be the first to stand in line for these tires.  I'm all about doing my part for the little man and saving a few trees on this earth.

Amen brother ben.... :clap: Hug a tree today! (you just spoke to the hippie in me! :biggrin: ) I do my part, recycling etc, and think, hey if it can be a BETTER tire that could lessen the aging effect on the earth...go for it...image what kind of dough that dude will make if this becomes reality....... :headshake: I need to invent something! :wink: :wonderingiftheycanmakecarbonfibercoloredtires:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Terri, you're crazy. I think that's why we get along. I recycle almost everything. Had to tip the recycler so he wouldn't get mad at me in the spring.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN@Dec 31 2004, 12:53 AM
[cartman]Goddamn hippies![/cartman]

:lol: Wait til I recycle my Bridgestones! He'll probably yell 'WTF?' :lmfao:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts