Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes, I am overjoyed at my Z and the attention it gets. That's part of the reason I own one.

So, today being a fine day in the hinterland of Minnesota, and as usual, I come home and park the Z on my driveway so everyone can see it as they drive by. Mind you, I live in a nice 'hood on a street that sees a fair amount of traffic, a lot of which are cruisers in cars ranging from rice to nice. Anything goes around here. I see 16 to 60, mild to wild. It's a nice street to cruise on, even though it's residential.

I get a lot of lookers who slow down, either in their cars or on foot, just to gawk, take a second look, or make comments on it. However, today as I sat outside enjoying the afternoon sun and watching my small children play in the backyard, a couple was walking their dog on the sidewalk which instantly got the attention of my kids. So I crane my neck to make sure all is well, when the woman asks me if she could talk to me about...the Z.

Could you resist? She was all smiles and mentioned that she was in the market. I jumped up and happily introduced myself.
I told her what a great and legendary car the Z was and is, and how much I enjoyed the car everytime I got in it. I told her all the basics that she needed to know, then referred her to the people I bought it from. Her significant other didn't seem too impressed, but then again he was holding the leash and seemed intimidated by the fact I had a car she really liked.
Oh, well.

I can't stop smiling when I catch someone taking a sneek peek (usually ricers who drool over it, but won't admit it's better than their Honduh) or a couple pointing at it and going "ooh, aah." This is my second Z, my first being a Z32, which also got a lot of attention. My wife thinks I have a mental disease, but it's all about having an extension of one's personality (I think).

But nobody listens to me during the day where I spend it in a psych ward as a patient...

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Nice story! i get the "nice car man" alot when im drving around town.

The honduh rice kids cant appreciate a good car, the only ones that do are the ones that can afford it. Half of those ricers would own one in a min if they could!!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I talk about the Z so much, on and off work, that after a while people begin to associate any Z they see with me, AND they appreciate it because of all I have to say about it.

Yeah, I get mostly thumbs-up from people who appreciate a good-looking car. All the rest must bow to the Z...except for the super exotic cars, of course.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
My neighbors have 2 20-something boys who have Hondas and have them all modded up. Anytime I do something new, they have to come over and ask about it. They are looking to go into business themselves doing mods to all kinds of cars for ppl. You should have seen their faces when I drove home w/ the new rims
They were practically running to get to me to ask about them. They are cool guys and love my Z, they say they'd get one if they could. It's nice to be appreciated by another car enthusiast.

This morning I was at the gas station to get an Iced Tea b4 work. Waiting for the person in front of me to pull out a lady walked by and pointed and mouthed "your car is so HOT" and she fanned her face! I find women tend to talk to me more about the Z when I am in parking lots etc, I think some men (who I see peering at me secretly) are either intimidated by a woman driving a nice sports car, or are too embarrassed to come and talk to me?

It's nice to be in company of other sickoZ! Hubby doesn't get it....he just thinks I am nutZ, well I am!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts