Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way to work this morning, a clear and balmy -20, when I see a clean Mach 1 ahead of me. I was checking it out, wondering if he was going to exit so I can take his lane. I was right; he was going to the mall and took the long exit lane. So I signaled and merged into the right lane. Mind you, he's ahead of me the whole time, and I'm doing about 75-80.

Well, as soon as he saw me and I started to pass him, he decides to get behind me, and that's when I saw him get on it. This is the kicker...I decided what the ****, I'll get on it and see if he can catch me. Nope, all his ponies were in heat, so he decides to pass me on the shoulder to my right! Now it's really on. I don't know if he's played NFSU2, but I thought it was time for an outrun.

Anyway, I hung with him even though he was a few cars ahead, but there was traffic and we played it safely (I know, contradictory statements), so we never really got to test each other out.

I suspect that we were doing over 100 in the little clearing we had before we had to shut it down. I couldn't tell if he was giving me the :thumbsup: or :finger: when I saw his hand come up twice in front of his rear view mirror. I was too busy holding onto the wheel and shiftknob.

Again, a nice way to start the morning with some adrenaline. Too bad he and I weren't going to the same destination. The airport road/street I took was wide open... :shiftdrive:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should say that he had the element of surprise on his side when he took off. I think it would have been fairly even if we had better driving conditions. He definitely didn't lose me in his dust.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Good Job Smooth! Beats beating mini vans :biggrin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts