Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are pics of what i've made so far...please give feedback and ask any questions!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Dayum im liking it. Making me have ideas in my head here!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Looks good so far! What do you have in mind for the enclosure?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Whatever you do, don't ever cross the border in the Z!

Back to the topic, I like what you're doing so far. That's one big thumper! Make sure you seal it well and use plenty of insulation.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's going to house two 8 inch MBQuart RWE204 DVC subs. the rear section under the back of the strut bar is going to have either a plexi window with the JL logo etched in so the blue neons next to the ends of the plexi inside the box light up the letters, or i'm going to cut out the J and L from the wood, plexi inside and light that up, not sure yet.

the enclosure internal volume is 1.06 cubic feet, all joints and grooves sealed with silicon, 1 5/8 inch drywall screws every 2 inches, black carpet inside, vinyl outside, and wait till you guys see what i have in store for the amp rack section in front of the strut bar...hehehehe ever see an amp look like its floating??

my components are:
Head unit: Alpine CDA-7892 soon to be Eclipse CD-3434
Front speakers: MBQuart PCE216
Subs: two 8 inch MBQuart RWE204
Speaker amp: JL Audio 300/4 bridged to 300/2
Sub amp: JL Audio 250/1
Capacitor: Daxx 1.0 Farad
Power and speaker Wires: Daxx Professional Edition

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Oh..this is going to look nice! Keep us updated!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looking into Dynamatting--I have about 2 tons of the stuff, but need to know where the problem (rattle) areas to put it on the car are.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Very nice GSoccer24... does dynamatting it really help? I had it done it my prelude but I couldn't tell the difference.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dynamatting works wonders, did it in my cavalier and 2 layers in my prelude, it really does make the sound cleaner because it eliminates resonation off the body panels and interior parts of the car. best thing you can do is the doors, sealing all the holes eliminates a ton of road noise and you can hear your music so much cleaner. also, do the floors, firewall and roof. Double layer the trunk lid if you have one, single layer a hatch if you have that.

basically dynamat makes it so the resonant frequency of panels and interior parts is a lot higher, a.k.a. it adds weight and density so crap won't rattle because it becomes to heavy to do so.

does anyone know the problematic rattling areas in the Z that i should definitely dynamat??

·
Registered
909 Posts
Originally posted by GSoccer24@Oct 7 2004, 12:11 PM
does anyone know the problematic rattling areas in the Z that i should definitely dynamat??

I would PM Toykilla he did Fatmat install instead of Dynamat on his Z.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I used Fatmat also, the only thing that I would say is differant than dynamat, is that it sticks to itself very well, so it makes it hard to work with. Use small pieces, 2' x1 '. Good luck <M>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts