Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
so just to be clear... this kit will include everything but the skyline transmission? Is there any need for a G35X donor car? Which transfercase and front suspension are you using?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
QUOTE (wahsingku @ Feb 21 2010, 04:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=592244
so just to be clear... this kit will include everything but the skyline transmission? Is there any need for a G35X donor car? Which transfercase and front suspension are you using?
Yes I/you need a G35X donor car or a good Nissan dealer as ALL the parts are over the counter. Front suspension is G35X stock with Tein springs. The stock springs are way too high. You retain the Z upper control arm. Front sway is G35X stock (I havn't found an after market one). The transfer case is my own hybrid. The shifter is my own hybrid. The bellhousing is my own hybrid. The shafts are my own hybrids. Rear tailshaft is after market carbon. (made in US so its cheaper for you to get it. Gearbox mount is hybrid.
OR I can supply the kit which includes the lot.
I can supply the instructions (maybe as a sticky)
Given that all components are Nissan Manufactured, machinery inspectors would have to be told that its a modified car to notice. Its like factory.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I can supply a kit including a 6' Nordic Blond if thats what you require! All brackets clips and STUFF included, yes.What year is your Z? What existing mods? If its turbo already we need to chat how you avoid the front engine mounts. If its stock it should be a piece of cake. Its already left hook so your mod will be quite a simple process.
Give me 48 and I'll get some instructions and part numbers back to you. Better still PM me your Phone details and I'll call you tonight (my time). At least we can discuss the process and your particular wishes and timelines. I can give you 1st through to point 4000000006th with specific measurements etc. and photos for reference.
I look forward to it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a G35x and have been planning a manual transmission conversion for some time now. When will the transmission adaptor plate and the transfer case mod be available?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I have a G35x and have been planning a manual transmission conversion for some time now. When will the transmission adaptor plate and the transfer case mod be available?
Having trouble with the engineering costs at the moment. I have some prtotype stuff available which is all relevant to Getrags 6 speeds only. I havn't started manufacturing so only existing engineered stuff can be supplied but its expensive. I have only just received a special shaft back after ordering before I went to China in Early December, so its disappointing to be sure. Quality is high however and now I have the drawings for CNC production, so thats good I suppose.
Check your PM.
An amazing feeling after my journey I wouldn't do it again, but now someone can just call and get a handfull of bits and install a manual into a G35X relatively overnight. Maybe I would.......Its been fun.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Dude, this thread is a freakin' SEVEN years old! Bump it if you like, but chances are this project is dead and the OP has moved on to other pursuits. Don't believe me? Check out his project thread and the most recent pics from almost NINE years ago...

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
The project and owner aren't dead at all. I only logged on here out of boredom and interest sake as to what projects are around. Its my hobby and when you have some other issues it goes on the backburner until some time frees up. Its in my warehouse waiting for a spanking. All systems work fine. I'll bet an annual salary its the only one that retains all electronics, abs, trac control, cruise control, the lot and is plated for legal registration including the tyre sizes. (in QLD anyhow). There has been a lot of talk regarding it being done to death but I have never seen a fully functioning one apart from JUN's Lemmon. Some hit and miss stuff in the States with entire RB swap outs but no VQ35DE or HR stuff running, and no complete units running retaining all electronics. .Some tricky little things I'm still working on but all in all its just fine. And QUICK! Finally comfortable identifying it as a Z38X with DCCD. This centre diff is mappable, so that's pretty cool. Still sorting out the business and personal issues but have not disappeared off the planet, nor has the project.. Still got shitloads of detailed knowledge on how to make it work on all the Z's up until current model I reckon.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
All due respect, but you started this thread back in '09 and it seemed you were ready to produce conversion kits the following year. Then nothing until yesterday and you say "it goes on the backburner until some time frees up." Maybe the more accurate description of your AWD project is it remains under development.

Also, if you ever start selling kits, do the right thing and at least sign up as a sponsor on this site.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts