Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Looks like an amp. :lol:

Does the tt kit come with it for free? :wink:

As quoted from the article:

The e-Manage was slated as GReddy’s first PC-tunable piggyback engine management system. This unit filled the gap between the stock ECU and a full standalone engine management system. Although the original e-Manage had much to offer, the engineers went back to the drawing board and took their e-Manage to the next level: the e-Manage Ultimate.
At first glance, the Ultimate looks like the black chrome counterpart to the original blue e-Manage. Physical dimensions are the same, but you’ll notice some significant differences. While retaining all of the best features of the original e-Manage, this unit sports more flexible fuel and ignition maps, the ability to switch between two different tuning maps (i.e. street tune and race tune), an increased number of input and output ports and a more comprehensive multichannel data-logging system. Gone are the rotary dials that occupied one side of the ECU. The updated chassis has a USB-B port, which can be used to link any USB 1.1-compliant cable to one’s computer, two optional sensor ports, dip switches that activate specific fuel and ignition maps and accessory ports. Since the tuning software is bundled, you’ll only need to purchase the harness kit.

As with the original e-Manage, the Ultimate uses both the 12- and 18-pin harnesses, and adds a 14-pin harness. The additional harness taps into several tuning and data-logging sensors, including knock, water temperature, crank angle, intake air temperature and vehicle speed sensors. If you want to upgrade from the original to the Ultimate, you can reuse your existing harnesses and buy the additional 14-pin harness separately.

The installation isn’t for the novice tuner, because it requires electrical wiring experience to avoid potentially damaging your new e-Manage Ultimate or your vehicle’s ECU and sensors. While the unit is universal, you must configure its circuit board to match your vehicle’s specific sensor combination. Like the harnesses, if this isn’t done correctly, the vehicle’s electrical system and possibly the e-Manage will be damaged. Luckily, you can access the circuit board by simply removing one of the end plates and the two screws on the bottom of the chassis. This gives you full access to all 20 jumper options and allows you to configure them to work with your vehicle.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Ultimate, UTEC or F-Con SZ would be an excellent choice for mid level tuning.

If you want to get very serious.. It's hard to say if they would cut it.

But , what the **** do i know..

:monkey:
I think you know more than we are led to believe. :wink:

I like the ability to hook this up to a computer. That's pretty cool.

Ayman, I was talking about the tt kit, not the actual piggyback.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
I think you know more than we are led to believe. :wink:

I like the ability to hook this up to a computer. That's pretty cool.

Ayman, I was talking about the tt kit, not the actual piggyback.

Soon all of my Tech brothers will put down the tit and drink from the big cup.

USB compatibility is cool! The rest imo falls short. Although you are def. getting what you pay for. Great price.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
What do you consider "serious" and what "exactly" do you suggest or sell?

I would consider a full standalone serious. Something that has been around for a while.. and is Proven. I don't sell anything, take it easy dude. No need to read more into it that what is there. The UTEC has been doing well from what I read on the WRX as well as other platforms.. So, I too am waiting for good sales in the Z market.

If it makes you feel any better I will remove the word UTEC from my previous post. I consider it a piggy back. If it's a full functioning piggy back.. then more power to it. I wasn't knocking it at all. They will all get the job done. It's just what you like. You like LS and I like DB.

Just so you know, Julian; I own products from TurboXS and have followed their success in other markets to this date. Which makes me a fan and end user of their products. I have recommended TurboXS for boost controllers to bypass and bovs for years.

When I think "Piggyback" I think mid level tuning. The UTEC is more than just the typical piggy back. Trouble is, you are the only person that I have seen with it on the VQ. So if it all comes out to be the next best thing since PB&J, than wonderful. I have nothing against UTEC or TurboXS. And I hope it does works awesome on the VQ.

Also, when I state: "an excellent choice for mid level tuning." It doesn't mean that it cannot do any better. I am referring to the fact that is it attractive to people that are looking to do something "mid" level. Very serious, imo, would be throwing the OEM ECU out the window. :cheers: But it looks like even with a MOTEC they are keeping the OEM ECU for the drive by wire. Time will make everything better.

Keep in mind I am considering the UTEC for my personal Z. So there is no need to defend it.

P.S. Don't worry, if I decide to sell anything, I'll pay to be a vendor. So I won't take any food off your plate illegally. :wink:

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I would consider a full standalone serious. Something that has been around for a while.. and is Proven. I don't sell anything, take it easy dude. No need to read more into it that what is there. The UTEC has been doing well from what I read on the WRX as well as other platforms.. So, I too am waiting for good sales in the Z market.

If it makes you feel any better I will remove the word UTEC from my previous post. I consider it a piggy back. If it's a full functioning piggy back.. then more power to it. I wasn't knocking it at all. They will all get the job done. It's just what you like. You like LS and I like DB.

Just so you know, Julian; I own products from TurboXS and have followed their success in other markets to this date. Which makes me a fan and end user of their products. I have recommended TurboXS for boost controllers to bypass and bovs for years.

When I think "Piggyback" I think mid level tuning. The UTEC is more than just the typical piggy back. Trouble is, you are the only person that I have seen with it on the VQ. So if it all comes out to be the next best thing since PB&J, than wonderful. I have nothing against UTEC or TurboXS. And I hope it does works awesome on the VQ.

Also, when I state: "an excellent choice for mid level tuning." It doesn't mean that it cannot do any better. I am referring to the fact that is it attractive to people that are looking to do something "mid" level. Very serious, imo, would be throwing the OEM ECU out the window. :cheers: But it looks like even with a MOTEC they are keeping the OEM ECU for the drive by wire. Time will make everything better.

Keep in mind I am considering the UTEC for my personal Z. So there is no need to defend it.

P.S. Don't worry, if I decide to sell anything, I'll pay to be a vendor. So I won't take any food off your plate illegally. :wink:
Actually, I didnt mention the UTEC or anything for that matter,I simply asked what you considerserious?Cause Shariff has been pulling over 600hp with the Emanage,others have done over 500 with the Uni-Chip,and Im at 530 with the UTEC prototype,I consider those levels pretty serious. However if you mean serious like race car, you will be looking at a Motec or HKS F-con that come with hefty price tags and your car would spend more time on the dyno than on the street. Another thing to consider on a STREETABLE 350Z is that the factory ECU operates off of a CAN system where all the factory control modules and sensors communicate to one onother and relay to the ECU.You pull the ECU completely out and you loose alot of features like the VCD,traction,ABS,ect..Heck the ECM even cotrolls the A/C compressor in our cars!!.
So I think a piggy back or parralell ECM would suite most peoples needs and goals,but like I said if you mean "serious" business you need to step it up and spring for the big $$$$$$ for full standalone.But at that point IMO the car becomes a rolling headache..

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome to 6 months ago. :lol:

I was thinking the same thing. I've been using the EU for nearly 6 months now...I think? :) Great system....we've sold about 50 of them, and tuned about 20.

I disagree when you say only good for mid level tuning. We're getting 622whp out of it, but no limitations in site. The only limitation will be injectors size. Anything larger than a 750cc is going to be challenging to control at idle, and low pulse width operation. :)

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Excellent.

You would not improve anything if you could? Or ask for more? The EU does everything you need? Wpuld you like more load sites? Finer tuning?

I meant more attractive to people mid level and cost. Meaning, it's possible to sell more to the flash and sub $1000 piggy back crowd. Didn't really mean any disrespect. 600whp is plenty of power and if it's working for you guys than that is awesome. I also think it's mid level because you can find more out of a full standalone system. At least different aspect or resolution of tuning , no? I don't have any first hand experience with the EU. Just sharing my opinion.. by no means writing the book.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Out of all of the 350Z and G35 forums, I think there may be like 2 or three cars out there that would require a full standalone system. For 98% of the people with F/I the EU,UTEC,Uni-chip,reflash would do jut fine...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.