Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JUST WONDERING IF ANYBODY OUT THERE COULD TELL ME WHAT SIZE OF TESTPIPES TO GO WITH. I KNOW THERE ARE 2.25 AND 2.50. IS THERE ANY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO? i HAVE ALREADY BOUGHT SOME 2.50 BECAUSE I GOT A KILLER DEAL, IS THIS THE RIGHT SIZE TO GO WITH? I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE THE INPUT. THANKS

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
there is no difference in power.. however, theire may be misalignment between the test pipes and headers/exhaust depending on which size.. i think this is one of the causes of the Raspy sound..

please take caps lock off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was reading somewhere that it might cause some kind of exhaust gas turbulance. What is this and how will it affect my performance?

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
i was reading somewhere that it might cause some kind of exhaust gas turbulance. What is this and how will it affect my performance?

Its when one part of the exhaust does not meet up with another part, ie, is not flush and smooth. Any misalignment could cause turbulance, which will of course hurt power. Not by a noticable amount, but most likely enough to negate any gains that you were seeking in installing the test pipe. Gotta make sure the exhaust is smooth.. very important.

·
Registered
305 Posts
what size test pipes will i need for a normal tune TT..........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts