Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know what the best test pipes are im looking into getting some and want to know which are best.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
It depends on many factors, including price, gains, weight, sound, etc. Check out the intake/exhaust section here and read what people have to say about theirs.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
What are you looking for? There are some really expensive ones out there and some that you can find really cheap. It all depends on what you want.

Basically, it comes down to resonated and non-resonated. Non-resonated are much cheaper but can have a bit of rasp to them at times. Personally, I like the way they make the exhaust a little bit louder and that's what I'm going with.

·
Registered
790 Posts
IU put my $50 ebay test pipes on last night - they look really nice and the fitment was pretty good.

~Z~

·
Registered
57 Posts
i would buy the helix ones. i had the topspeed ones from ebay and although the fittment was perfect and they looked great they made a raspy sound at high rpm. now my friend has them and it sounds the same on his car. :banghead:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im probably gonna get the helix as in there fairly cheap I cant wait to get em i dont really care if my exhaust gets a little louder i have the greddy so its fairly quiet

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I have the Helix (forgot to mention that earlier) and love them. So does Chris/conceyted. :werd:

·
Registered
26 Posts
i ordered helix tp's last week myself along with an invidia g200 exhaust. i think it will sound good.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by Vriess@Jul 17 2005, 10:23 PM
I've heard people reporting gains in fuel efficiency with test pipes.  Anyone seeing this?
[snapback]133132[/snapback]​

Not too sure about it but I have heard this before. One thing you will notice though is the smell of unburnt gas with the new pipes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts