Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have had the kinetix HFC for a while now, happy with them. was curious to see how the Test Pipes would perform as well. so i purchased them.

between a test pipe and a high flow cat which one would u choose and why?

which is better for Turbo ?

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Test pipes are better for a turbocharged 350Z. You should see gains of 20-40 RWHP from swapping them out (going from stock to TPs).

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
just an fyi:
http://www.randomtechnology.com/

(and tp are def. WAAAAY cheaper than HFC, but Ayman already owned hfc's and bought tp.)

Always interesting.
Did RT ever fix the design of their cats to prevent them from failing? I don't remember seeing anything else about people having problems so I assume they did.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i guess so far i think i did the right decision by getting those APS TP
well how much difference would i see between them and the HFC?
and why are the HFC so much more expensive?

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i guess that will be the only way to know
**** hurricane ****** the electricity up...i have to wait for it to come back. so i can get this done.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
we are not doing anything bad....
but if u insist on getting banned ill inform the mods to take care of u
lol

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
For NA you are probably better with HF cats but for tt the test pipes are better as the give a free flow and are better for the turbos.

As mentioned the test pipes are cheaper because they are just a straight pipe but the resonated test pipes are almost as expensive as the HF cats. If staying NA I suggest using resonated test pipes if you go the test pipe route becuase the regular tp give a very rapy nasty sound to the exhaust.

As for the smell when I first installed mine there was a very strong fuel smell as there was no cat to catch unburned fuel but that went away after a couple of weeks as the ECU got used to the it I guess.

If the car is an 04.5+ you will probably get the CEL go off due to tp's.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts