Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 and I'm concerned about getting the CEL with Test pipes. Anyone had their Z with Test pipes for awhile now and not get the CEL?
Which one's do you recommend?
Just in case I go with HF cats. What would you recommend / stay away from?
I've been looking a the Helix HF cats....boy do they look good :OMG:
Thanks in advance.

-Bootay

·
Registered
728 Posts
Originally posted by BootieMAN@Aug 3 2005, 10:23 PM
I have an 03 and I'm concerned about getting the CEL with Test pipes. Anyone had their Z with Test pipes for awhile now and not get the CEL?
Which one's do you recommend?
Just in case I go with HF cats. What would you recommend / stay away from?
I've been looking a the Helix HF cats....boy do they look good :OMG:
Thanks in advance.

-Bootay
[snapback]141280[/snapback]​

I want to say that I personally have replied too many threads asking this SAME question. (hint: please SEARCH)

I will quote myself:
on 03s and early 04s, no CEL issues with test pipes will be had. On middle to late model yr 04s (04.5s) you will throw a CEL with ANY test pipe. That said, the HELP! nonfoulers will fix the CEL issue from the test pipes.

HELP! Spark plug non fouler. Part 42002 for 3.99 from autozone.
They are a 2 pack. Get two packs and drill 2 of the nonfoulers out with a 1/2" drill bit. screw the NON driilled nonfouler into the test pipe. Then screw the DRILLED nonfouler into the non drilled fouler - install your o2 sensor into that. You will be SES light free and it will cost you less than $10 and about 1/2 hour of time.

PM me if you need help

And get test pipes, not HFC. If you want HFC, get Helix brand

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Go test pipes!!

i have an 03 with the kinetix test pipes with resonators, and havent had one CEL light come on either.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Yes I could have used the search engine....but....ahh to **** with it, I was too lazy :werd:
Any power increases with the Test Pipes? If so was it noticeable?

Thanks,
-Bootay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts