Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Helix testpipes are 2.25" APs test pipes are the ONLY test pipe on the market that is 2.5". Helix test pipes are a lesser quality IMO than say a Pro-1 or APS test pipe,their flanges are much thinner and prone to leaking and cracking.We actually had to repair several pairs of Helix and Krapnetix test pipes in the past..
Th below picture is an APS pipe next to a Helix..You tell me which one you want on your car?

Attachments

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Originally posted by Daking350Z@Sep 25 2005, 07:20 AM
Helix testpipes are 2.25" APs test pipes are the ONLY test pipe on the market that is 2.5". Helix test pipes are a lesser quality IMO than say a Pro-1 or APS test pipe,their flanges are much thinner and prone to leaking and cracking.We actually had to repair several pairs of Helix and Krapnetix test pipes in the past..
Th below picture is an APS pipe next to a Helix..You tell me which one you want on your car?
[snapback]157941[/snapback]​

Daking, do you know diameters of any other test pipes? If so would you mind filling them in one this page?
http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Part:Test_Pipes

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Originally posted by TOYKILLA+Sep 25 2005, 07:32 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Daking350Z
@Sep 25 2005, 07:20 AM

Daking, do you know diameters of any other test pipes? If so would you mind filling them in one this page?
http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Part:Test_Pipes
[snapback]157942[/snapback]​

Honestly I do not have time,nor do I know how to edit that page.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Originally posted by Daking350Z@Sep 25 2005, 04:20 AM

Well that's good to know. Are there any problems with the engine light coming on? I'm looking to get TP's and I want to make sure I get the best one out there. I was leaning towards Helix since everyone seem to have them and have good reviews, wel until now.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Originally posted by BlueDragonZ+Sep 25 2005, 04:43 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Daking350Z
@Sep 25 2005, 04:20 AM

Well that's good to know. Are there any problems with the engine light coming on? I'm looking to get TP's and I want to make sure I get the best one out there. I was leaning towards Helix since everyone seem to have them and have good reviews, wel until now.
[snapback]158019[/snapback]​

The engine lights have come on some cars and others have not,cant really explain it. The Helix are not the best quality IMO. Quality cost's a little extra now, but pay in the long run.The only thing to fail in a test pipe is the welds and the metal itself.So make sure whatever you choose is GOOD quality SS and has thick flanges. The thin flanges on the Helix and Kinetix were prone to warpage and ALWAYS developed leaks on every car we installed them on. I would reccomend APs, or Pro-1 or XERD,s from my experiences..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.