Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 03 touring coupe and I put test pipes on and it made my car take a long time to start and it has a bouncy tachometer vdc light and slip light and stays on and if i have the air on it wont idle it stalls all this after the test pipes install I never had a problem with anything before

·
Super Moderator
1,659 Posts
Guess what? The test pipes install caused your problem(s). Once your Z begins to hit limp mode, you may want to check codes to see what the onboard diagnostic system is reading out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
O2 sensor issue I'd guess, given the circumstances.

Did you pull codes? P013x to P016x I'd bet. Did you install anti-foulers on the DS O2 bungs before re-starting the car after install? If not, you're throwing a "before-after-no-change" exhaust mix at the upstream and downstream sensors. Car interprets that as "holy shid, that cat ain't workin'" and results in limp mode when the car's ECM cannot go lean enough and says "enough is enough, shut 'er down."

But, another consideration, have you changed your tire/wheel combination in any way to affect the fore-aft wheel diameters? That's the most common problem triggering VDC (and lighting up the dash like a Christmas tree.) If not, could also be faulty wheel speed sensor(s).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts